Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Rain, Rain...

GO AWAY! How much of the wet stuff do we have to take? I thought we lived in New Brunswick and not Vancouver, British Columbia. If you can't tell, it's another dreary day, downpour after downpour :o( I know I mentioned the fact that I preferred the dull grey landscape to snow but at this point I'm 'almost' wishing for the white stuff. The one thing I can't complain about is the temperature. It's unseasonably high for this time of year and that I love. The dampness plays havoc with my Fibro though so it's a catch 22 :o(

Over the years I have noticed big changes in the seasons. Our winters are nothing like they used to be when I was a kid. I remember the snow banks being so high that we were able to dig tunnels through them and create our very own forts :o) My parents had built the house I grew up in on a double lot. To the left of the house we had a nice sloping lawn that converted into a wonderful place to use our toboggans in the winter. At the back of the house, the driveway curved down to the lower garage. Dad had planted fir trees to line this driveway. When I was old enough to use my toboggan on this hill of hills, these trees were not very big so Dad always gave strict instructions to stay clear of them. Well, one day my friend and I cruised down that hill on my mile long wooden toboggan and take a guess where it headed... Yes, it headed straight, dead on towards the very last tree that lined the driveway and...snap! We managed to take the top of that tree clear off! Believe it or not, but that tree never grew. It always stayed the stumpy, short, squat tree at the end of the line :o)

The dreary day might also signify the sad news that our Pappy's Pizza is no more :o( After a few failed attempts to order pizza over the past week and a half, we finally found out that Pappy's is now closed and probably won't be re-opening. NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo! The news was not taken very well, especially by me. Since we are outside the city, about a good 15-20 minutes, finding good take out at the last minute is a hard thing to do. Sure we could drive into town but then we'd have to drag ourselves off of the couch. What's the point in that? We could also pick something up on our way home from work but by the time it arrives here, it's cold :o( So Pappy's became our crutch during desperate times. I guess that means we will save money but what's the fun in that! LOL!

I will now take a moment of silence for the fall of Pappy's Pizza.

Sniff!

4 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Awwww, sorry for the loss of Pappy's pizza. Believe me, I understand how devastating that can be! We used to like the pizza from Bobarino's and he closed over a year ago. Getting pizza from "town" just isn't the same.

Flowers looks fantastic... hopefully I get to see her in person tonight :)

Shannon said...

Oh no. Not good news about Pappy's Pizza. We have one of those in our little town too - PizzaMan. They keep putting it up for sale. Everytime, I hold my breath for a few weeks and pray they don't sell. If they sell, I know it'll close. Then the sign comes down and I relax. Of course it would be best for both my waistline and pocketbook if they did sell.... and I suppose they'd be happier not having to work 7 days a week. But it's all about the good pizza, I tell you ! It just makes life that much better :)

Katie said...

:( A moment of silence...

Oh I loved driving past their, Alex thought the name was cool where it was 'Pappy'. I too miss Bobarino's, they were soooo good, DH and DS will go to Esso but it's just not bobarinos

Kim said...

Hope you dont need to build an ark to go and search for your new favorite pizza place. :)

~Kim~