Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Going To Have A BF!

Yes, that's right! A Bitch Fit! I'm at the end of my rope with LTD and work and it's about time that I had one. I've been nice AND patient enough! I can't believe how many incompetent people are out there, doing jobs that they are not even qualified for. Okay, maybe some of them are qualified but it doesn't mean that they can do their job 'well'. It's a good thing that I have a good head of hair because if not, I would be bald by now ;o) I would LOVE to rant and rave about what is going on but I had better not just in case there are little spies out there. No sense spoiling the fun and giving away any surprises from this camp...

On the stitching front, I've been smokin'! On the weekend I started and finished my first PIF work of art :o) Renee if you are reading this, STOP! What you are about to see is your surprise ;o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As I was flipping through magazines, I came across this simple mitten pattern and the idea formed in my head to make a pair into an ornament! The pattern can be found in the Leisure Arts The Magazine, October 1991 issue. I have changed the colors and a bit of the design and I'm so pleased with the outcome. I might have to squeeze in some time to make a pair for myself ;o) Now it will be onto the next PIF project!

Gathering Eggs got her share of the attention as well :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love the colors that are in this piece. Nora somehow manages to put together the most garish colors and the results are so beautiful. The colors are happy colors. I'm really enjoying stitching her, seeing that stitching is the only thing keeping me sane lately. And yes, that is a good thing ;o)

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hi Cathey, I'm fairly new to blogging and discovered your lovely blog. The mittens ornament is just too cute, and Gathering Eggs is looking great. I'll look forward to seeing it's progress.

Faith Ann said...

LOL yes, Nora does make garish colours work beautifully, doesn't she?

Those mittens are adorable!!

Good luck with LTD and that situation... {{{hugs}}}.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! I just got these really cute mittens today! They are so awesome!! I had to stop reading your blog because I was so scared I would peek and ruin the surprise!! I just adore them!!

thank you so much!!
Renee