Thursday, November 23, 2006

Jack Frost

That's who came to visit last night and boy did he ever leave his mark! I woke up this morning to a landscape covered in heavy frost and it was such a beautiful sight that I ran outside in my shorts and took some pictures :o) Good thing the neighbors couldn't see me, lol!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love mornings like this but I'm rarely up early enough to appreciate them. If you get close to any frost covered object, it's amazing to see all the crystals it takes to create that white coating :o) Mother Nature is truly incredible.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I want to wish all my US friends a very Happy Thanksgiving today! I hope you are all enjoying yummy turkey dinners :o) I know why the US Christmas shopping seasons starts the day after their Thanksgiving...they need all that food to give them the extra energy to get up in the wee hours of the morning and face the mobs of people that will be filling the stores! Honestly, I don't envy those that are brave enough to venture out into the shopping malls tomorrow. I thought it was bad enough trying to enter our Wal-Mart!

After talking about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Shannon this past week, I finally decided that I should find it on television and watch it myself. I can't recall if I have ever seen it. At 10:30 am, I was quite surprised to see that it had already started! How early does this thing begin anyway???? I managed to catch about 3/4 of it and I hope you have too Shannon since you took the day off to see it :o) I was REALLY excited to see the great big Energizer Bunny but was even MORE AMAZED when the HUGE Mr. Potato Head came floating by! WOW! To add him to my Mr. Potato collection would be divine! Can you imagine having that floating over our house 365 days of the year? I can hear DH's agonizing cries now ;o)

2 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Gorgeous pictures! I was quite surprised to see such a heavy layer this morning... surprised and coooold.

Barb said...

Beautiful pictutes. I didn't go out shopping Friday either. Those crowds aren't worth it!