Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sixteenth & Seventeenth Finish For 2010

Yes, you are going to see double ;o)

Here is C Is For Cure by Lizzie Kate -

Photobucket
Photobucket

The reason I stitched this one twice was because I wanted one for myself and the other is going on a trip to the US :o)

I made a few changes. I used 28 count Angel Blush Lugana instead of the 28 count Baby Lotion Lugana that was suggested. I figured they must be quite close in colour even though you can't really tell in the pictures that the fabric is a light pink. I also used Crescent Colours Baby Chick for the dots in the flower. It originally called for CC Carrie Berry but it was so close to the CC Ripe Melon of the flower that it just wouldn't have showed up. One disadvantage from having to shop online; you can't hand pick your skeins :o(

Even though it was 39 C today, I managed to finish one of these into this -

Photobucket

What do you think? I was able to get the same fabric that was used for the tuck but I had this pictured in my mind :o) I LOVE the ribbon that I found but like last time, it took me about 20 minutes to get a really good bow. The ribbon doesn't go all the way around the pillow though. I sewed it into the sides. I like that look a lot better.

So where is this one going? I will be shipping this, along with my felted snowman, to the Attic Needlework for their breast cancer fundraiser that will be held in November :o) I hope it's acceptable. I'm always nervous when others look at my work.

I 'had' planned on digging out Sabrina but they are calling for 40 C tomorrow. UGH! I could literally melt a pile of snow if I jumped in it right now. LOL! And then we have the threat of Hurricane Earl heading our way. Maybe he'll blow off. It doesn't make one feel too reassured when they see their neighbour put up plywood on the windows of his garage though :oS


27 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, slow down girl! Beautiful finish, love it!

Gert said...

Oh these are beautiful!! You are so gifted!

Blessings....
xoxo Gert

Karen said...

OMG...your little pillow is precious. I love that green fabric with the pink ribbon! Great job on both and for such a great cause!

I could use some snow too. Hope we don't get any rain from Earl....hope he keeps turning north but not towards you.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! It's perfect for the auction.

Cindy said...

That is quite the adorable finish!

Myra said...

Cathey, these are so pretty and I love the finishing on the little pillow. The fabric and ribbon just set off the design perfectly. We are watching Earl closely too as we have relatives living at the beach. I hope he stays well out to sea.

Deborah said...

Beautiful work, Cathey! The pillow came out perfect. We in southern MA are also concerned about Earl. Hope all we get is rain.

Christine S said...

Absolutely gorgeous finish! Very creative and pretty.

Maybe some of our chilly Western Canada weather will make it out your way soon...I think we had 4 days in a row where it didn't get warmer than about 13C and there was a tiny bit of frost on the roofs this morning!

Diana said...

Your pillow Is very cute! It should be a real hit at the Attic Needlework fundraiser. It was so nice of you to make one for them.

Blu said...

Lovely stitching and cute finish. Love the green fabric.

So how're you planning on finishing the other one?

Brigitte said...

Absolutely great finishes. I always have the same problem with making a decent bow. I once saw a template that could help you with it but never found it again, so it's the 20-minutes thing that I must do, just like you. But you managed great!
Up to 40°, that's just too much. I hope it will soon be better for you. We are having fall already with very crispy mornings and seen we'll have the first night frosts, it seems.

Denise said...

Your pillow is perfect! They'll love it!

Had to use the handy dandy temp converter - eek! 39-40 degrees - I thought 32 was bad!

Hope the weather changes and Earl stays away.

Smiles - Denise

Irene said...

Wonderful pillow, you did a graet job with the finishing. Guess you don't want to hear that it rained all day long here :)

Annie said...

Beautiful finish and perfect for the fundraiser. Bows take me forever too. I finally give up and just go with imperfection. I like the idea of sewing the ribbon into the side seam.

Leslie said...

What a great piece for a great cause.
Well done
Happy September

Gen said...

Hi Cathey, your stitching pieces are so neat and your pillow is too cute, great work!

I hope that Earl won't cause big troubles on the american and canadian coasts... :-/

Hugs,
Gen =^_^=

Mel said...

Great finishes! :)

Danielle said...

Gorgeous finish! I loved this one when I saw it in the magazine. What great colors. And how generous of you to stitch one for charity.

Carol said...

In a word: PERFECT!!! Your work will be "oohed" and "ahhed" over, Cathey--congratulations on a lovely finish.

This heat has got to stop--91 degrees here today and tomorrow. Ugh!

Hope Earl take his mean old self and heads out to sea...

Rachel S-H said...

They look great!

Daffycat said...

OMG What a darling pillow! I love the fabric and the ribbon is just so perfect. Wonderful finish(es) Cathey!

Humm, maybe Earl will fizzle and just bring you cooler temperatures. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

♥ Nia said...

I love you pillow!! Love the colors, the cute bow, all so sweet!! =) Great job!!
How can you be nervous with something like that? Lol! You were making a joke! :p hahaha
It's beautiful :)))

Melanie said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Terri M said...

So cute! I like the Angel Blush fabric. I'm sure it will be perfect for Attic's Needlework.

Julie said...

Fabulous little pillow, that bow is perfect!

Sharon said...

It's fabulous Cathey!

Ranae said...

Pretty pillow! Love the change of colors.
Popcorn is ever so precious