Saturday, August 21, 2010

Regular Popcorn

It's been a week and a half since Popcorn had her full hysterectomy. DH and I have to agree that she is back to her frisky self; just the bitchy attitude is gone :o) Don't get me wrong, she can still show attitude! Rearranging items in her home is a HUGE no-no. That's when the growling and the claws come out.

Photobucket

I do miss the constant chatter that she had going with me. I'm not sure if it was good or bad because I've never heard a rabbit 'talk'. For those of you who are not familiar with rabbit life (Denise!), a rabbit will grunt (happy to see you or if you want a more honest answer...horny), growl (angry bunny so beware) and scream (when extremely frightened).

Yes, rabbits do scream. In all my years I've only heard a rabbit scream once and it's not something I want to hear again. It was back when I had my first bunny, Scooter. I had taken him out in the yard and he had gotten a little too far away from me. The next thing I knew, he had taken cover under the pine trees that ran along the back driveway. I spent a good 20 minutes chasing him up and down the hill. Finally I got wise, took my shoes off and snuck up on him. When I grabbed him from behind, it was like listening to a squealing pig, only a few octaves higher in pitch.

Okay, I've strayed a bit ;o) Popcorn seems to be much happier in her new spot in the house. It's much quieter, cooler and she's up off the ground so there is a better view of what's going on around her. She's still more nervous than I would like and I have no idea why she is this way :o( She is starting to learn about feeding time and will come over to greet me :o)

Photobucket

As you can see, her ears did not stay down. LOL! I'm not sure what happened. Now she has one up and one out to the side. Oh well, it just gives her personality ;o)


22 comments:

Denise said...

I'm learning - I'm learning! ;0)
Between you and Jane! (buttonsstitches.blogspot.com)

Your bunnies are ADORABLE! Makes me want one. But, I know better. Bridget will NOT share her house.

And those ears - they just say - this is who I am!

Smiles - Denise

Tina said...

Popcorn is a cute lol too funny about the ears lol. First thing I thought of when I saw the picture was the donkey Cargo I will email you his picture later so you know why lol... I am not familiar with bunnies but we had guinea pigs and they are pretty much the same with their chatter lol. My son's girlfriend's bunny Pumpkin is a little bitchy too at times....well sometimes it just sucks to be female and we are all entitled to that lol.

Christine S said...

She's super cute!

Carol said...

I never knew bunnies made noises either! I just thought they wiggled their little noses and looked cute! Glad little Popcorn has had such a good recovery and you have been rewarded with a new attitude :)

She really is a beautiful bunny with such pretty colors and her ears are adorable!

Patty C. said...

Her ears are perfect - Her attitude is perfect and she knows it because she is a bunny - Everyone loves a bunny - she can do whatever she wants and it's cute

And she knows that :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I'm glad she's doing better! I love her crooked ears!

Parsley said...

I love her droopy ear.

I have heard rabbits scream and I agree, it's nothing I ever want to hear again. I love all our dumb bunnies around here and hate when I see them hurt!

Deborah said...

Popcorn is so cute! I've never had bunnies and won't for a while becuase Sammi doesn't share.

Blu said...

Popcorn is such a cutie. I think the closest I've been to a live bunny is the wild(?) one I saw running in front of the bus(!) and the ones at the petting zoo.

PS. Are there feral bunnies? Kinds like feral cats and dogs?

Daffycat said...

Popcorn is so cute! I love those ears and that little cotton-ball tail and her dark eyes. She is a beauty.

Irene said...

Popcorn is adorable, love the ears.

Patricia Lessell said...

Popcorn is as cute as her name. Love the ears.
Patti xxx

Gert said...

Popcorn is sooo cute! Glad she is doing well and love her ears! We use to have rabbits when I was young. They were so beautiful, kept my brothers busy feeding, watering and taking care of them!

Have a blessed weekend!
xoxo Gert

Jane said...

So pleased to hear Popcorn has made a good recovery, she's absolutely gorgeous and her ears make her even more special.
I have this decision to make with Tilly although the vets tell me 6months is the earliest they will do 'the op' and as she is so small and has poss. respiratory probs it may be safe to wait until she's 8months ~ hope the hormones don't take over before then (DH says me and a 16yr old daughter is more than enough!!!!) xxxx

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Popcorn is so cute !!! Glad she is recovering well.

Annie said...

It's nice to see Popcorn showing her own style. It's like wearing a hat at a rakish angle .. she wears her ears that way!

Julie said...

Popcorn is adorable, i have a friend who has a house rabbit (she has the run of the downstairs) and every time i go visit she runs up to greet me for a fluffy stroking of the ears.

Melanie said...

She's such a cutie. I just love her coloring. Maybe she just needs a bunny companion? Out of the bunnies I owned, I always owned them one at a time but the bunny rescue near my house only adopts them out in pairs because they insist they need companionship so it's made me question what is the right way to do it now. Hmmm. Bunnies don't talk much so they'll never tell. lol

Teena in Toronto said...

Makes me want to run out and get a bunny!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Popcorn is gorgeous. I am glad that she is behaving better, aren't hormones a bitch? I love her colorings, and her floppy ear just makes her 'her'.

Rachel S-H said...

She is really cute! I didn't know they talked. I did know about the howling from TV.

♥ Nia said...

She's the cutest thing!! By photos we can't see her attitude ;) Lol!
I hope that time will help her to calm down a bit :) Maybe now she's like a rebel teenager :p hahahaha

I didn't know those facts about bunnies! Thanks for the lesson ;)