Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fifteenth Finish For 2010

UGH! This was a project I thought would never end! It's not that I don't like the piece because I really do and you'll see why in a minute but for some reason, it just took SO long to stitch. I don't know if my mojo just got kicked aside or that maybe my interest wasn't there but I'm happy to say that it's 'finally' done ;o)

Here is Esperance by Danybrod -

Photobucket

I stitched it on 32 count Antique White linen with the recommended threads, DMC 610 and 926.

Photobucket

My 'plan' is to finish this as a pinkeep and I have the perfect fabric (I think) that will do the job. I might even add a scissor pocket in the back :o)

It seems I'm going to have some extra time on my hands for the next two weeks. We'll see how focused I can get and maybe after I finish this pinkeep, I can stretch a few pieces and get them into their respected frames! I know I'd feel a lot better if I could clean up those few things and not have them staring at me every day ;o) LOL!

So this ornament sized piece completes the twelve that I had set for my goal! I've got two more little projects on the go right now but I've got to get back to Sabrina. I have no idea where this year has gone so far and if I'm to have her finished by the end of December, I had better get my bottom in gear!


23 comments:

Hillery said...

This is a really nice finish. I have 10 finishes this year and counting. They are mostly smalls, I just have to finish up a couple larger projects, then I'll be satisfied.

Rachael said...

That's lovely. I don't even think I have anywhere near that many finishes this year. So Go girl you could manage another 12!!

Annie said...

What a gorgeous piece and so perfect for you. It looks like it would be a lot of fun to stitch, but you never know til you start them.

Dany just showed a new piece on her blog that would be perfect for me. I'm contemplating buying it since you can imagine I have nothing much to stitch!

zoomcity said...

It's lovely, Cathey! I've had projects that never seem to end before, too, and not BAPs. I don't know what it is that makes them seem endless. *shrug* It happens. It was worth the aggravation.

Irene said...

Nice finish, I really like the color combo you used.

Melanie said...

Very pretty! I like it. :)

Patti said...

I absolutely love it.
Patti xxx

Tina said...

Oh my favourite colour combination. Very pretty.

Cole said...

Very pretty! I love the blue/brown combo, can't wait to see it finished up with that perfect fabric!

Gert said...

Oh how beautiful!! You are so gifted...always wished I could do cross stitch as I just love it!

Blessings...
xoxo Gert

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your finish :)

Karen said...

I love the brown/blue combination. Nice finish...you're on a roll!

Myra said...

Very pretty! I really like the blue and brown combo.

Sonda in OR said...

It looks wonderful. I love the colors!

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Beautiful job...so delicate looking! Of course it has bunnies, LOL! They are adorable though.

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Deborah said...

Beautiful finish. I love the colors.

♥ Nia said...

oh! How I missed reading your blog! Definitely one of my favorite places :)

Sometimes we get stuck in a pattern, no apparent reason, it just happens! :p
Mysteries of the Universe! LOL
I love the colors, blue and brown looks so pretty :)

I bet Sabrina is feeling lonely :p Lol! You're quick, you'll finish her until the end of the year ;)

Julie said...

Love the colour combination on this design, those bunnys are so cute! Love it!!

Carol said...

What a perfect finish, Cathey--I do love those shades of blue and brown together. I wonder why you felt it took so long to stitch?

I was just wondering about your Sabrina WIP last night--glad to hear she'll be making an appearance soon :)

Brigitte said...

Congratulations, this is a wonderful finish. I so love this colour combo, blue and brown.

Blu said...

Lovely finish! It's a great colour combination. I know what you mean about pieces that you like but just can't seem to sit and stitch. (see my every growing pile of WIPs)

Lori-Ann said...

Looks great, Cathey! I've been working much more on Angel, and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope to have her done for retreat.

Angela P said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish! I love this design too, can't wait to see how you finish it :)