Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Thursday Thought

This week I'm going to do a continuation from last week's post. If you haven't read it yet, you might want to in order to understand what I'm talking about ;o)

I want to thank everyone who left comments for me. They were truly insightful and supportive :o) There was one comment in particular that made me re-think my last post though. Terri (Dixie Samplar Designs), I can't express how thankful I am to you that you opened my mind just a wee bit more and made me realize what my 'word' should really be.

So I'm officially dumping LOST and my new word is now SEEKER :o) I don't know why I didn't think of this myself because ever since I can remember, I have been searching for things in my life; whether it be a goal, a career, a husband or a purpose. I am always looking for answers, even from the totally insane things in our world. I always want to know 'why'.

Do I want to be a SEEKER forever? In a way I do because I will always have that curiosity bug deep within me. That is part of who I am. But I still want to figure out my purpose in life. Yes, I am a friend, a daughter, a wife, etc. I know that and I embrace that but I want to know who 'I' am! What defines me? Why am I here? What am I meant to do or be? To some those might sound like very deep questions that may never be answered and I agree. That's what frightens me.

Some of you may think that I'm totally off my rocker and that's okay ;o) LOL! But there is one thing I have learned about myself and that is that I have a very complex personality. I constantly feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I worry about everything. It's no wonder that I try to avoid watching the news on television or reading it in the newspaper. That's a whole other issue though!

I guess the only thing I can do is continue to work on myself and try to yield some clues. I know the road to feeling complete is not an easy one but maybe someone should at least give out some kind of encrypted map along the way ;o)


14 comments:

Parsley said...

I'm sorry I had missed that post but happy to have caught up on it.

I like your new word; that's much better! I think we get caught up in trying to define ourselves when looking at others. No everyone is meant to be married, have kids, have a profession. You are unique and your 'word' will change with time.

I am many things but most words that describe me are temporal. With time, things will pass away and I'll be left with the bare bones of who I am and the legacy I leave behind.

I hope my 'word' will be a reflection on the good I tried to do while here.

Unknown said...

Cathey, I am glad that anything I may have shared helped you in any way! That is what we are all on this earth to do; encourage & love others!

Good luck!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Cole said...

I like your new word. It's surprising at how difficult it is to define a person with one word. I think I'd like to use the word passionate ~ I put everything I have into everything I do. I work hard, play harder, laugh loudly, love deeply, etc. But I also think seeker, or something like it, fits too, as I feel like I'm always wondering "Is there more??" or "this can't be IT"... I think I have to hyphenate my word...

Irene said...

I think "seeker" is a better word
than lost. Like "seeking" great photo shots :)

Anonymous said...

Geee that could have almost been one of my posts lol....I am a seeker and have sought so many things all my life....sometimes the harder one looks the less one finds or know what one is suppose to look for, sometimes it's just good to be....right here, right now...no labels or titles attached. Just be!-Tina

Denise said...

I agree - seeker - is much better. I wonder about my purpose too. Let me know if you find that map! ;0)

Smiles - Denise

Carol said...

I hope to be a seeker my whole life--if you never stop wondering about things or wanting to learn new things how wasteful our lives would be! I'm a worrier, too, Cathey, although not so much as you--but, I, too, avoid the news much of the time...

If I did have to pick one word to describe me, it would be "blessed," for I have been incredibly blessed in my lifetime. Oh sure, I've had my disappointments and even tragedies, but I feel very fortunate and thankful to have lived my life so far...

Felicity said...

Life long learning is what it's all about, Pumpkin! Buckle up, hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Stitchabilities said...

Umm what thought provoking posts, I daren't even go there at the moment, but I hope you manage to figure it all out lol

Gen said...

Well it's been more than a week that I didn't come by and read my blogs list so I didn't read you last Thursday post last week but I just did right now...

I join the club here, and as I'm quite depressed these days, I would say that I'm a "lost seeker"... :P

I too keep on asking soooo many questions about myself (also not a mother or a homemaker, housework = chores for me) or the world or the universe... I would like to have all the answers, but I guess my little head is too small anyway to process all that information... lol

Have a nice week-end Cathey, don't get a headache, OK? ;)

Hugs,
Gen =^_^=

♥ Nia said...

I was close!! ;)
I'm happy that you found your word! :D The other one wasn't good for you!

Lori said...

We share the same dislike for news it seems, LOL.

Before I left my ex, I was lost... now the word that describes me is "free".

Free to chase down the things that I love.
My hobbies,the beach, my kids (because they are teens), and most wonderfully... my new man. (Good thing he and I like chasing the same things).

I guess "chase" would be the runner up word. LOL.

Leslie said...

pumpkin ~ I get it. 100%

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

First, I must apologize to you. For some reason your blog disappeared from my reader, and I am woefully behind with you! So sorry!

Anyway, I like Seeker. I don't think there are many people out there who feel like they know what their obvious purpose in life is. Even as career women or mothers. I think we know what our jobs are, but not so much what our purpose is. I think the best we can do is to seek opportunities to serve others both within our families and in the community, and try to be happy, positive and uplifting.
Most people live quiet, unassuming, even boring lives. Who knows but that something kind you said or did- something that you don't even recall- has helped someone along the way.
I believe that at the core of it all we are here to find joy in whatever circumstance God has placed us in. That's pretty purposeful. :)