Thursday, January 11, 2007

Two Down...48 More To Go!

Look out! I'm on A ROLL! Woohoo! May I present finish number two for 2007 -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is Evening Dragon by Dragon Dreams. He was stitched on a piece of Merlin by Sugar Maple Fabrics. I got the idea from Katie :o) She is terrific for picking out hand dyed fabric.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate french or colonial knots? Argh! Yuck! Whenever possible I avoid them. Most times I will substitute them with beads if it's at all possible. But when a design calls for french knots that are smaller than beads, the air is definitely blue and a few choice words are said until I manage to make a few tiny knots that look somewhat like they are supposed to. If anyone has any great tips for me, please let me know! You may save me some frustration ;o)

What to do next... I actually have a line up of things! It's pretty neat, yet scary, that I have so many projects to choose from at the moment. Basically, it's a sign that I should be on this 50 Project Challenge ;o)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

What a cutie ! Looooove the new finish ! But slow down would ya - I'm falling behind !!!

Mary Ann said...

Evening Dragon is such a cute finish, and I love the fabric color! I'm not fond of those french/colonial knots either!

Jenn said...

Way to go! Your on a roll now. :) Both your finishes look great. Keep it up and you'll have 50 done in no time.

Faith Ann said...

Wow... two already?! Congrats! He's definitely a cute dragon and excellent fabric choice :)

Barb said...

That is so cute. You are on a row! Your moving right along on the 50 challenge!

Karen said...

Thats a cute design, the fabric is lovely