Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ahhh...Stitch Night!

Yes! Just what the doctor ordered, a night with the gang :o) Believe me, this was a MUCH needed evening out too! Depressed Cathey soon turned into Pissed Off Depressed Cathey on the way to work this morning when there was a HUGE backup of traffic :o( A normal 20 minute drive to work took almost one hour. I was NOT happy! Luckily I had left home early, hoping to make a few stops before work. Good thing I did. Work wasn't much better and as the day wore on, I became Grumpy Pissed Off Depressed Cathey. It must have showed because I didn't get a lot of people bothering me today. Another good thing ;o)

I was only going to pop in to our stitching session tonight but then I said the hell with it and decided to stay for a while. I hardly get out anymore. Our group, called Friends That Count, meets the third Wednesday of every month at one of our local grocery stores. I know that sounds a bit weird but they have a community room upstairs and that's where we meet :o) We have a number of regulars but the group always welcomes newcomers. A lot of the girls have become very good friends over the years so you can just imagine the hen house we have going if we have a night with a good turnout! It always fascinates me to see what everyone is working on and we also bring items for our Show & Tell table as well.

Tonight was a small group and I imagine the bitter cold was a good reason why some stayed home. I was happy to see Katie and Faith Ann there when I arrived :o) Katie surprised me with a little gift -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've been looking for one of these for a while now and I'm wondering how she read my mind ;o) It will be hung in my computer/craft room window. I finally got to see, in person, the completed Shepherd's Bush stocking that she made for her DH for Christmas. It's absolutely stunning! Faith Ann's progress on her Christmas Village is just amazing and every time I see it, I want to stitch it myself. Good thing I'm on this 50 Project Challenge ;o) I plugged away on my current project after borrowing a needle from Faith Ann. Can you believe that I packed all my stitching and forgot the main item! Oh bother!

Yes, stitch night was definitely needed :o) It's amazing the power of friendship and laughter. I guess that's why they say, "Laughter is the best medicine." I truly believe that it is. Instead of an apple a day, maybe it should be one hearty laugh a day. I bet that would work. Smiles and laughter are infectious and easier to pass around than apples. LOL!

Speaking of which, I want to thank all those that have left such wonderful, supportive comments on my Blog. That's how many smiles you put on my face today :o)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you went and stayed for awhile :) But really... you forgot a needle ? LOL A true sign you needed the break !

Mary Ann said...

I'm happy to hear that your bad day turned into a good one!! It sounds like stitch night was a blast, and, I believe you are right--Laughter is the best medicine!

Faith Ann said...

You weren't the only one who needed a break from reality last night. Perfect timing for me too!

I can't wait to see your finished snowman piece!!

Karen said...

A smile and a laugh can make many a bad day a good day

Katie said...

Glad you liked it ;) Yep it was the best prescription ever ;) I wonder if we can claim stitching excursions and stash as alternative therapies with some health plans :P