Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Five Down...45 More To Go!

With February right around the corner, I thought this was the perfect time to stitch up Ground Hog Day! by Bent Creek :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He is just too cute and I've always wanted to stitch him. Now to just get him framed...

I've had a lot of inquiries as to what I have been stitching. A few days ago I decided, thanks to the girls, that I would try a rotation in my stitching. I have never done this before so we'll see how it goes. Since DH has been asking about his Oak Island (Pirate Treasure, The Oak Island Mystery by Lynne Nicoletti), I decided to pull it out again and try and finish it up for him :o) My plan is to stitch on it Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is what I have done so far -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The reason this piece went into "hibernation" is that I was having some issues with it. DH saw the model for this pattern stitched up in a shop and the lady had used the Kreinik glow in the dark thread that Lynne suggests in the pattern. Well, I don't even have to explain about Kreinik thread do I? LOL! Trying to combine this with one strand of DMC was a nightmare! After much deliberation, I finally settled on just using one strand of Kreinik glow in the dark thread. I added to the outer edge of the water on the right side last night and tried it in the dark. It looks SO cool! I can't wait to have more of it filled in :o)

For those of you not familiar with Lynne Nicoletti's designs, check out her website. She is a Canadian designer and is known for hiding images in her patterns. In the case of Oak Island, it's the face of a pirate and that's what will glow in the dark :o) Pretty neat huh? To learn more about the real Oak Island and its mystery, check out this website.

So what am I going to stitch the remaining days of the week? Well that's just going to have to be a surprise ;o)

5 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Awwwww, Ground Hog Day is sooooo cute!!

Oak Island is looking pretty fabulous too :)

Carolyn said...

Cute finish...you will have your list down in no time

Mary Ann said...

Love the little ground hog--so cute! And, Oak Island is going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing its progress!

~Kim~ said...

Cute finish on the Groundhog! Unreal we will now the outcome next week! HE HE

Your WIP is coming along nicely! Doesnt that GITD thread rock?!?

~Kim~

Carol said...

Your Pirate Treasure is moving along nicely - Lynne is an awesome designer, love the little hidden items in her charts :-) Neptune/Poseidon is my favorite.