Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Five Down...45 More To Go!

With February right around the corner, I thought this was the perfect time to stitch up Ground Hog Day! by Bent Creek :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He is just too cute and I've always wanted to stitch him. Now to just get him framed...

I've had a lot of inquiries as to what I have been stitching. A few days ago I decided, thanks to the girls, that I would try a rotation in my stitching. I have never done this before so we'll see how it goes. Since DH has been asking about his Oak Island (Pirate Treasure, The Oak Island Mystery by Lynne Nicoletti), I decided to pull it out again and try and finish it up for him :o) My plan is to stitch on it Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is what I have done so far -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The reason this piece went into "hibernation" is that I was having some issues with it. DH saw the model for this pattern stitched up in a shop and the lady had used the Kreinik glow in the dark thread that Lynne suggests in the pattern. Well, I don't even have to explain about Kreinik thread do I? LOL! Trying to combine this with one strand of DMC was a nightmare! After much deliberation, I finally settled on just using one strand of Kreinik glow in the dark thread. I added to the outer edge of the water on the right side last night and tried it in the dark. It looks SO cool! I can't wait to have more of it filled in :o)

For those of you not familiar with Lynne Nicoletti's designs, check out her website. She is a Canadian designer and is known for hiding images in her patterns. In the case of Oak Island, it's the face of a pirate and that's what will glow in the dark :o) Pretty neat huh? To learn more about the real Oak Island and its mystery, check out this website.

So what am I going to stitch the remaining days of the week? Well that's just going to have to be a surprise ;o)

5 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Awwwww, Ground Hog Day is sooooo cute!!

Oak Island is looking pretty fabulous too :)

Carolyn said...

Cute finish...you will have your list down in no time

Mary Ann said...

Love the little ground hog--so cute! And, Oak Island is going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing its progress!

Kim said...

Cute finish on the Groundhog! Unreal we will now the outcome next week! HE HE

Your WIP is coming along nicely! Doesnt that GITD thread rock?!?

~Kim~

Carol said...

Your Pirate Treasure is moving along nicely - Lynne is an awesome designer, love the little hidden items in her charts :-) Neptune/Poseidon is my favorite.