Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The 50 Project Challenge Has Begun!

As you may or may not have noticed from the ticker at the top of my Blog, I have officially begun The 50 Project Challenge! Am I crazy? Probably. Do I think that I can do it? Possibly. Will I do it? That remains to be seen ;o)

Back in December I started looking over my list of completed projects for 2006 when I noticed just how many projects there were in total. I was already up to 45 and without even realizing it! That included my two big L&L projects as well. Then I got talking with the girls and knowing how much they like to taunt, I think in our conversation somewhere I was dared to do it ;o)

To see if it was humanly possible, I picked up my Snowmen project and completed him. That brought me up to 46. I quickly put together the items I needed to stitch up Be Merry (the Snowmen's companion) and he was finished within a few days -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was not happy with a few things in this pattern so I changed them to suit myself. I wanted him to match Snowmen a bit more so I cross-stitched the border instead of using the running stitch. I also alternated the colors for the Be Merrys, used Algerian stitches for the snowflakes and to top him off, I placed a white pompom on the top of his hat instead of the yellow star. I'm quite happy with him :o) Be Merry was stitched on the 25 count Moss Green Lugana but he was done over two instead of one. Like I said earlier, I think both pieces will be made into cubes. I was now up to 47.

Earlier in December, I had done up a PIF gift (by the way, I still have two more openings) and had mailed it out to the UK. Karen has received it now so I can post the picture :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These sparkling ornaments were in the January 2007 issue of Cross-Stitch & Needlework magazine. I think they are so pretty and you could use any color combination you wanted. Now I had two more under my belt for a total of 49.

The last project I did, I cannot post a picture of because it's another PIF gift :o) It is done though and I hit the 50 project mark for 2006!!!! Woohoo! This only proves that I can do 50 projects within a reasonable amount of time though. Whether I can hold off buying new patterns until that goal is met is another story but I am willing to put my full effort into it. DH is 100% supportive of this but that's only because he has caught sight of my "store" and he feels that I have enough to last me five lifetimes. I'd say it was more like two lifetimes, three tops ;o)

So far I have lost two days in 2007 so I hope I'm on the mend soon so I can get back to my stitching! I bet you are all wondering what I have on the agenda for 2007 :o) Well, here is a somewhat official list -
  • Autumn Medley by Heart In Hand
  • Snowman Medley by Heart In Hand
  • I Love Stitching by Hob Nobb Designs
  • Sea Stars by Ink Circles
  • Breast Cancer Ribbon Mandala by Ink Circles
  • Stargazer by Mirabilia
  • Gathering Eggs by Mirabilia - finish
  • Giggles (boy) by Mirabilia - finish
  • Where There Is Life by Little House Needleworks
  • Quilt Time Sampler by Little House Needleworks - finish
  • Seaside Sweethearts by Lanarte - finish
  • Summer Snapperland by Bent Creek
  • Spring Snapperland by Bent Creek
  • Autumn Snapplerland by Bent Creek
  • Breast Cancer Afghan by Dutch Treat Designs
  • Good Night Dragon by Dragon Dreams
  • Post Office Kit by Mill Hill
  • Church Kit by Mill Hill
  • Victorian House Kit by Mill Hill
By my count, there are 31 projects there. Hey, the Snapperland Series count as five in my book ;o) I have pretty much everything, if not all; for each of those projects so I shouldn't have to buy anything in the meantime. You do realize I'm going to have to rely on special occasions to receive stash! I can do it though. I know I can!

5 comments:

Irene said...

Love your Be Merry and PIF finishes.

Shannon said...

Tomorrow is Blender Day - is that a special enough occasion for stash ? LOL

Congrats on the 50 project finish ! And I honestly do wish you well on the 50 Project Challenge. I wish us both well ! Do you think projects that have just 5 stitches in them for say a mini Christmas tree could count ? lol

Mary Ann said...

Happy New Year! I loved reading the list of projects you have lined up for the year and look forward to seeing the finished pics! Be Merry is so cute, and the ornaments are very pretty!!

Faith Ann said...

Be Merry is absolutely adorable!!

I'll answer Shannon's question... NO! A project must have at least 6 stitches to count towards the 50-project challenge LOL.

Good luck!!

Katie said...

You CAN do it! If I can do it anyone can :)