Monday, January 08, 2007

One Down...49 More To Go!

That's right people; I have finally completed my first project in the 50 Project Challenge! Woohoo! May I present Christmas Bunny Ornament by Dragon Dreams -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't he just the cutest???? He was supposed to be done well before now but with the holidays and my wonderful vertigo attack, he got pushed back :o( For some reason this little guy seemed to have taken forever to complete but maybe it was just me. I can tell you one thing though, the Nun Stitch was a bugger and the air was a bit light blue yesterday. I think I have only done the Nun Stitch one other time but that was through only one piece of fabric and not two. All in all, I would say that I am 95% happy with him. I was unsure of how to join the threads while doing the Nun Stitch so I can see where they meet. To be honest though, they aren't that noticeable but hey, I'm an anal retentive stitcher so I see all ;o)

For those Dragon Dreams fans out there, you can get this pattern in the new magazine called A Needle Pulling Thread, the Festive 2006 issue. This is a Canadian based magazine and it touches on all forms of needlework, not just cross-stitch. It seems to be a bit difficult to find around here but I see that Traditional Stitches in Alberta carries it. The magazine has a website as well. In the next issue, another friend of mine will be featured! Tracy has a cross-stitch design and button business called Fiddlestitch Cottage. There are a lot of us anxiously waiting for that issue to come out :o)

If you haven't already noticed, I have added a new link on the right hand side. I have created another Blog to house my goals and finishes and it's called Pumpkin Patch & Co Graveyard :o) Take a look if you haven't already!

The weekend was relatively good. We had DH's parents stay over on Saturday night. They had come up to see their daughters as they were celebrating their 30th birthday :o) HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS! Yes, I said girls. They are twins, although not identical. They hosted a dessert party and let me tell you, it was goooooood! I was bad and succumbed to all the sugar but I think I was good as well. At least I didn't indulge in everything that was there. I figure I came out okay. Alright, maybe in my "own" mind ;o)

I have a wonderful gift to show you! My MIL made me this Chatelaine -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was SO happy when I opened it :o) She did a beautiful job! I've attached some of my stitching pins but I want to personalize it a bit more. Any ideas?

On Saturday night, I got a call from my parents. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they were in Nashville, Tennessee! Okay, I almost dropped dead ;o) Last Thursday, they had packed up the fifth wheel and headed out on their three month Florida trip. Dad had made an itinerary for the trip down and it outlined every stop, turn and bathroom break! With that schedule, we figured there wouldn't be much sightseeing on the way down, let alone any sidetracks. So imagine my surprise when they called to tell me where they had landed! Mom, Dad, if you are reading this, have a great time :o)

Right now it's snowing and hard too. I was able to switch my work schedule so I am home today :o) I plan to snuggle up on the couch in my fleece, with a cup of hot chocolate and my stitching. How can it get any better than that?

7 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Love your Bunny Ornament Cathey. His little face peaking out is s cute! I am not familiar with nun stitch.

The gift from your MIL is wonderful

Wendy

Karen said...

Your Christmas Bunnie orni is so cute.
I hope your parents have a fun and safe trip

Mary Ann said...

The Christmas Bunny ornament is adorable, Cathey! And I love the gift your MIL gave you. Also, how about sending some of that snow down south? :-)

Shannon said...

The gift from your MIL is great - you'll never lose scissors with that :) And the Bunny is adorable ! Nuns stitch scares me, but he's a must-do ornie for sure.

I hope your parents have a great time ! Could they send some sun my way though ? :)

Faith Ann said...

I'll see if I can leave a comment today... haven't been able to yet!

I love your bunny ornament and how you finished him!! I can't believe you're not 100% happy with him.

Also don't think you did too badly getting in a finish already this year!

Leeland said...

Oh, I love your Be Merry! I have just posted a pic of mine finished -at last... lol!
Your DD project is the cutest indeed! Well done for your 50 goals, and you have all my support for 2007!
Take care!

Carolyn said...

Great job on your ornament..it is so cute.I think your idea of hot chocolate,warm jammies is perfect way to spend the day