Friday, June 25, 2010

Popcorn!

There's your answer to yesterday's riddle :o) Quite a few of you got it right and I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the stuff. There was a reason why I tortured you...because it's the subject of today's post. Huh? What's so special about popcorn you ask? Remember that birthday present I was waiting for? Well it finally arrived home yesterday :o)

Now you're probably asking yourself WHY her DH would get her popcorn for her birthday. I never said that popcorn was actually blown up kernels of corn ;o) Ah-ha!

So...I'm VERY proud to introduce the newest member of our family...Popcorn -

Photobucket

Gotcha! LOL! Believe it or not but I've kept this secret since the last part of May! This was NOT easy, believe me.

As some of you know, last year I had to put my bunny, Pickles, to sleep and then my sweet Brie (our Miniature Dachshund) :o( It was a very difficult year. DH and I have talked at length and have decided we are not ready for another dog but another bunny was a possibility.

When our local shelter advertised that they had a litter of baby bunnies born on April 22, I knew it was time. Someone had found Momma rabbit astray and she surprised the shelter when she had nine (unfortunately one passed away) little ones. They're not sure what kind of rabbit she bred with but she produced quite a colourful litter! I instantly fell in love with Popcorn :o)

Photobucket

We do have a dilemma though...they can't tell whether we have a he or a she. Baby rabbits are VERY hard to sex. I initially thought that I had picked a male then they told me it was a female. When I went to pick up Popcorn, they told me I had a male. Next week I have a vet appointment and Dr. C (my bunny expert) will hopefully figure things out because the next step will be to spay or neuter.

Last night I put the harness on Popcorn and took him outside. I plan on getting him used to it so we can enjoy the outdoors together. I had a heck of a time trying to get a picture of him though and it was so funny to watch DH holding the leash and running after the rabbit around the yard ;o)

Duncan has been introduced to Popcorn although things will definitely have to be supervised. Since Duncan is a herding dog, he tried to nip Popcorn a couple of times and that is just not acceptable considering his small size. He is totally obsessed with his new playmate as you can see in this picture -

Photobucket

LOL!

Sorry there have been no stitching pictures lately but hopefully I can get back to that real soon. I will have some stash pictures to show though ;o) There will be plenty more Popcorn pictures and The Bunny Whisperer (DH) has already hypnotized him!


39 comments:

Rachel S-H said...

Congratulations! He is darling! He even has sort of the same coloring as Duncan!

Parsley said...

congratulations on your new family member. I love bunnies!

Annie said...

Awwww... Popcorn is so cute. He looks like a perfect addition to the family.

Irene said...

Popcorn looks so cute !

Unknown said...

Welcome to the patch, Popcorn!

Am I the only one who sees a resemblence between Popcorn and Duncan?

Denise said...

Congrats!

He/she is adorable! Duncan has a new playmate!

Smiles - Denise

Tina said...

Oh my, Popcorn is so adorable, makes me think of the bunny my son gave to his girlfriend, her name is "Pumpkin". Bunnies are just the cutest, well besides donkeys, at least from my stand point lol.

Olga said...

Congrats on the new family member! Popcorn is so darling!

Patty C. said...

What a great surprise
Popcorn - your version is waaaaay better :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, Popcorn is sooo cute! I want to come over and give her (or him) a cuddle right now! Want one!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Popcorn is just to cute !!!!

Alberta said...

Great news Cathey!

valerie said...

OMG, Popcorn is SO cute!! Congrats on the new furry addition. :)

Es said...

Oh that's wonderful! And he's *so* cute or she's *so* cute :D

Missy said...

Congratulations on POPCORN!!! He is darling. I want a bunny!!!

hugs
-missy-

Carol said...

Oh, I love him! And his name is just perfect! What a lucky bunny to have a home with you, Cathey :)

Danielle said...

OMG!!! Love Popcorn!!! How cute. And that baby bunny pic. Too much. My dogs would be like your dog with the bunny.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I did wonder what that surprise was going to be! Congratulations, Cathey, he/she is a beauty!! It coudn't have found a more loving home, I'm sure!!

Terri M said...

Oh, he's adorbz!! His baby picture is to DIE for! I loves Popcorn. :o)

Gen said...

How cute Popcorn is! And the baby Popcorn pic, so sweet!

As a kid, I had a big black male rabbit I had called Ernest (like in Ernest & Bart from Sesame Street) and at 16 I saved money to buy a miniature rabbit, white with red eyes, that I called Bunny Crockett... never knew if I had a he or a she... :P

Melanie said...

OMG SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I love bunnies. Love their foofy feets and ears and wiggly noses and soft whiskers. Bunnies are the best. Congrats!

Marjorie said...

Aww, too cute! Can't let the kids see your blog now 'cause they will want to add a bunny to the menagerie here, I'm sure!

JOLENE said...

I am thinking/hoping that it's Miss Popcorn! How adorable and cuddly, babies are so fun, enjoy!

Angela said...

OMG, Cathey Popcorn is so cute :) My daughter and I love that baby picture! Enjoy your new family member.

Christine S said...

Awww, Popcorn is adorable! Love the picture of him with Duncan! Congrats!

Jenn M said...

He/she is just too sweet! It's funny how he/she matches your dog:)
Have fun with your little bunny!
Jenn

Daffycat said...

Oh Cathey, Popcorn is simply adorable! I love his/her coloring and those ears are precious. Congratulations!

Rowyn said...

Popcorn is utterly adorable - congratulations on the new arrival :-)

Blu said...

Popcorn is just adorable!
Any particular reason behind the name? It's not your average Flopsy/Thumper.

Aussie Stitcher said...

AAWW!!! Popcorn is gorgeous, I love the photo with Duncan too cute.

♥ Nia said...

OMG!!! Sooooo cuteeeeeeee :D
In the second photo we can see how really small (s)he is! What a cutie =)
Such a funny name :) love it!

Popcorn will be very happy at her/his new home :D

Cindy said...

Very cool news! Popcorn is adorable :)

Paisley said...

Oh my goodness! What a precious bunny! I'm so happy for you!

Chiloe said...

Love popcorn : he / she is too cute ♥ The name is cute as well !!! Why the secret by the way?

Unknown said...

How sweet!!! Popcorn is so cute!!

LisaG said...

Popcorn is REALLY cute, love him/her!!!

Leslie said...

ohhhhh popcorn, I want to gobble you right up!!! just to cute!!!

Stitchabilities said...

What an adorable bunny, love his/her colouring

Sharon said...

Aww, Popcorn is so sweet! Congrats on your new family member!