Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Popcorn Please

Yesterday I took Popcorn for her first vet visit with Dr. C :o) I was SO proud of her! She took the whole exam like a pro, even getting her temperature taken. Yes, I did say 'she'. It's official...Popcorn is a girl. Oye! For a female, she is very laid back. DH and I have been doing a lot with her so that she gets accustomed to different things. I'm a little worried about her right now though because she seems to have soft poop and I'm not sure why :o( I saved some to show Dr. C and she wasn't too concerned. DH says I'm worrying too much and maybe I am. I just hope this wasn't a mistake getting her because I'm not sure I would be ready to lose another animal but how could you resist this sweet little thumper -

Photobucket

Just to prove that I am STILL stitching, I've taken another progress picture of my Piping Plover -

Photobucket

I was really hoping to have this finished up by the end of June but since it's June 30, I doubt this is going to happen :o( By some miracle I might achieve that goal. I mean I only have a little bit of the eggs and the rest of the baby left to do and then a bit of backstitching. Who knows, maybe I'll get caught up in another FIFA game tonight ;o)

Awhile back I won Karen's giveaway and it finally arrived by mail! We were both getting a little worried but that's Canada Post for you >:o( I have to say that I am truly honoured to have another piece(s) stitched by another stitcher and Karen's finishes are beautiful in person -

Photobucket

Thank you so much Karen and I will definitely cherish them!

I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend! DH has four days off and we'll be getting together with friends and maybe hitting the beach :o) What do you have planned?


17 comments:

Annie said...

Girls are good. They make the best ballerinas.

Your stitching looks great. Personally, I'd never worry about a self-imposed deadline on an activity that's supposed to relaxing!

Beautiful gift from Karen.

Have a great holiday!

Parsley said...

Oh Popcorn is so loveable. Aunt Parsley sends prayers hoping her 'poop' becomes normal. Have you tried timothy hay? Might help.

Love the stitching projects. The baby birds hopping out of the eggs is too precious.

Carol said...

Ha ha! The same thing happened when we took our cat to the vet for the first time, Cathey. I was so excited to have a female in the house, but then the vet said, "I hate to tell you, Carol, but you're still the only female in the house." Yes, our she was a he! At least her name doesn't need to be changed.

Love those darling sand birds :)

Patty C. said...

I just love the bunny !!!!!!!!
I'm glad you received your gift - it is wonderful

Get stitching so I can see that stitch work finished - you know the one you tortured me with :O

Irene said...

Popcorn is so adorable. Is Duncan used to her yet ? Love your goodies from Karen.

Tina said...

Popcorn is adorable.
Love the Piping Plover....very nice.
And amazing goodies.

Stitcher said...

Popcorn is a cutie, what neat coloring SHE has. I will wish you fast and acurate stitching fingers to help you with your June finish, but did you say the year???

Karen said...

That is the cutest bunny! So glad you got the package. Can't wait to see your finish....you should be stitching instead of blogging!

happy weekend and hope you get in some stitches.

~*Sharee*~ said...

Love that bunny!!! I worked at JOanns tonight; unpacking and putting away the small cross stitch aisle; but I sure had fun. It was almost like Christmas! LOL I found at least 3 things I HAVE TO HAVE! LOL

Stitchabilities said...

Aww so she's a she, the lickle lady looks gorgeous, so does the stitching

WendyCarole said...

she is a lovely bunny. Stitching is looking great too

♥ Nia said...

saving poop? lol!! what a 'mum' has to suffer! hahahahah

I'm sure that your baby girl is fine :) Popcorn has a long and happy life ahead :D

Enjoy your weekend!! big hug :)

Gen said...

Popcorn is just too cute! I hope she'll be ok and that will pass... by the way, my miniature rabbit has had soft poop for years, I even had to clean her/him (yuk!), so maybe that's nothing... ;)

TammyK said...

Popcorn is a sweetheart! Love your Piping Plover :)

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a sweet little thing Popcorn is.
And I love your current WIP. But that's no wonder as I love everything that has to do with birds :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Aaawwww she's a girl. I love her coloring.

Daffycat said...

Yay for Popcorn! She really is just adorable, Cathey!

Love your Plover stitch. It is really coming along. I like adding the backstitch to designs like this...they come to life, don't they?