Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Day After

Oh boy, my last year before I hit the big 4-0! I look at myself in the mirror and say "Do I really look my age?" I wonder how old people think I am when they look at me because I definitely don't feel that I look like I'm one year away from being forty. How do I feel physically? Well, that's another matter ;o) LOL!

I had a wonderful day! DH took the day off work and made me pancakes for breakfast :o) We went to the Little City and did a bit of shopping. I desperately needed a sun hat and found a really cute one that DH liked as well. I don't think I'm a hat person but I do like this one on me.

We picked up a couple of beach chairs and I claimed the orange one as mine ;o)

Photobucket

Then we proceeded to buy my $7,000 flip-flops, as DH calls then -

Photobucket

He bought a pair for himself (different kind) and when we got the bill, we nearly collapsed. I thought it was his pair that took us over the top but it turns out it was mine! I had assumed I knew the price but I guess I got confused after looking at so many. Oups!

For dinner we met up with our friends, T & K, at one of the local pizza joints. We strolled through town to work off all the food we'd just ate and spotted a seal in the water :o) Afterwards, it was back home for some cake!

DH had put up pink and white balloons and got me a bottle of bubbles. Yes, I may be 39 but still a kid at heart ;o) My cake was pink and white and oh so yummy! We had a great time. There never seems to be a dull moment with T & K. LOL!

DH also bought me this adorable keyring -

Photobucket

There is one more gift on the way but I can't divulge what it is until I get it ;o)

I want to thank all my family and friends who sent birthday wishes either by mail or email. Thank you to T & K for my gift card, to my in-laws for my Mango Tango Potentilla and DH for all his hard work :o) I am very blessed.

My parents were supposed to be here the first week of June but had to cancel at the last minute. We're hoping they're coming next weekend and it will be like my birthday all over again so the fun hasn't stopped yet ;o)


19 comments:

Cole said...

Sounds like such a fun day! Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

JOLENE said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pumpkin! My sisters anniversary was yesterday, also. So glad you had an enjoyable day out with friends, food and fun. That always makes for a great day!! Smiles....

Karen said...

sounds like you had a lovely day, check your emails tomorrow maybe could be today lol I can't remember what date I said

Irene said...

What a fun day. Love the key ring and am so glad you linked Mango Tango Potentilla, I thought it sounded like an Italian food dish :)

Patricia Lessell said...

Happy belated Birthday Pumpkin. I'm so sorry I missed it yesterday. You asked the question about looking your age. Everybody says I look years younger than I am but I always ask myself if they are just being kind. I don't think anybody really has any way of knowing unless you, of course, you have bags of plastic surgery and so far I haven't had any. The only thing I've done is let me hair grow dark again and not have any blonde in it and at the ripe old age of 63 there is virtually no gray in it. So something must be working in my favor.

Lots and lots of Love
Patti xxx

Alberta said...

Wishing you a wonderful year as you approach the big 4-0!

I love that name...Mango Tango...sounds so yummy and I bet it'll look gorgeous in full bloom!

Natasha said...

If you act like a kid and play like kid you will forever remain young. Thats my thought anyway.

Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend so far and why not stretch it our ALL MONTH :)

Have a fantabulous 40 day!!!
Natasha

Justflo said...

You had a good time celebrating 3 9 just wait for the 4 0. That'll be a real great one.

LisaG said...

Looks like you had a lovely birthday, can't wait to find out what your other gift is... love gifts :-)

valerie said...

Sounds like you had a fantabulous day! I don't think I look my age...but I have to admit I feel at least a decade older! lol

Have a fun birthday month...why not!?!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday a little late. What a great birthday celebration. Love the hat and up-scale flip flops!

And it's being young at heart that counts!

Melanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! (Serves me right for only checking my blogs once every couple days! BAD ME.)

Jane said...

I'm so pleased you had a great day and were thoroughly spoilt - just as it should be!!! I think turning 40 is a bit of a mind game after all it's just a number and you don't suddenly age over night but nevertheless I DID lose 35 lbs in weight with no help, blonde up again and start going to live music events!!!!!!!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

None of your pics are showing up for me :o( Glad you had a good birthday!

Denise said...

I hope your unnamed gift is stitchy!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with hubby and friends!

Loved the chair and flipflops!

Smiles - Denise

mumzy said...

You can't say you are not spoiled. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and we are very happy for you. Hopefully, we will make it to you on the coming weekend and celebrate your birthday again and start celebrating your DH's as well.

{{{Love and Hugs to Both of You}}}

Carol said...

What a fun celebration, Cathey! Enjoy your last year in your 30s (Wow, does that sound young to me!!)...

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Glad you had a wonderful Birthday Cathey and now a good underSTANDing with those flip flops.
Be always in stitches.

Leeland said...

oops... I always miss birthdays... Shame on me. Happy belated birthday, Fav Pumkin. Looks like you had a great time. :D
HUgs!
Lili