Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You Know The Weather's Bad When...

You open the door and even the dog won't go out :oS Poor Duncan took one look and if a dog can show disgust, he hit it spot on. LOL! What a rotten summer this has been. We've gone from hot and humid to wet. And with that comes the Blah's :o( Yuck! Curling up on the couch and watching television is as good as it gets this week.

Today I went to apply for a job with Michael's. It was 'supposed' to be for an Office Assistant but I wasn't told until I got there that it was already filled. Grrrrr! Waste of time. The good news is the store will be opening on September 13! At least I got that bit of insider news ;o)

In my last post I talked about Cindy being an inspiration. Well, I'm going to talk about her again because she is also one talented girl ;o) I have a HUGE thank you to pass along to her for sending me these gorgeous scissor fobs -

Photobucket

I apologize it took this long to get a picture up but...the weather is just not cooperating >:o( Now I have a pair of scissors waiting for Halloween and the pink ribbon fob goes very well with my pink bunny scissors. If you want to check out what Cindy sells, take a peek at Cindy's Stitchy Stuff.

I've been plugging away at Herb Garden, although not very enthusiastically. I'm pretty much at the halfway mark -

Photobucket

Please forgive the crooked linen but I was too lazy to take it out of the Q-Snaps ;o) I'm still really loving the colors in this one and since it fits a 5 x 7 frame, it should be easy to get up on The Wall of Stitch.

I did have a burst of ambition yesterday when I decided to go through my two drawers of fabric. Yes, I did say two drawers :oS I now have a better inventory system and they are grouped together by count and type. I thought it might be going too far if I went for color too. LOL! So not only will my fabric be easier to find, I now have spreadsheets done for each count so I know what I have on hand (count, type, color and size). Did anyone else do something motivational this week?

Brie is still doing very well :o) My parents were over on the weekend and said they noticed a big difference from a few weekends ago. It's harder for DH and I to see because we see her every day. That was nice to know. I was afraid we weren't going anywhere. She will now allow me to lift one front paw at a time as long as she is standing. Her hind end is becoming even stronger. On the weekend, DH and I bought her a new kennel because the other one was just too small and she would get too stiff if she spent any amount of time in there. Today I bought a huge pillow and some fabric so this week it's my job to cover said pillow with said fabric :o)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Brie is doing well.

Your weather sounds just like ours. We've had no nice 'inbetween' days at all, it's either been roasting and humid or wet and miserable. Where have the normal days gone?

Cindy said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying the fobs :)

Your Herb Garden is looking awesome!

stitcherw said...

When we have nasty rainy weather Jaz doesn't want to go out either, and when she does, she wants to be the one under the umbrella LOL. Glad that Brie is still improving. It is hard to judge things like that yourself, as you get so close to them seeing them all the time it is hard to notice the changes.

The fobs are adorable. I love the Halloween one, but then I'm a sucker for Halloween anyway. Garden is looking so cute, I love the LHN/CCN designs, and the little bunnies are so sweet. Sorry the trip to Michael's was a waste as the job was filled. Hopefully the next position will work out better.
Sue

Lori said...

Your stitching looks great.
Love the fobs.

Your said you have spread sheets for your fabby, and I had to laugh. I did the same thing with my stitching magazines using the computer. Now I can see at a glance exactly what issues I have of whatever company. If I'm that organized... then why does the hobby room LOOK such a mess?

I guess it just isn't big enough, LOL ;o)

Crazee4books said...

Hi Cathey,

I got a big bag of Weeks Dye
Works threads from Ebay this
week, and I've been busy
listing them on my thread
spread sheet. I haven't done
a spread sheet for any of my
other stash yet though.

I have a spread sheet for my
DVD collection, and for the
books that I read. I've been keeping the book list since
2000.

Your new scissor fobs are
beautiful!! I especially
love the black one with the
little ghost attached. It's
so cute! Boy, those things
look like they'd be fun to
make.

Herb Garden continues to be
a pretty, delicate stitch.
Very nice. So now we must
have a picture of her in
her new kennel. She's
a lucky pup to get such nice
things. But of course she's
worth it.

I share your frustration
about the weather. We've
had so much rain, and such
cool temperatures, I swear
I'm sprouting moss!!

Cheers!!

Glad to hear of Brie's continued
progress.

Anonymous said...

Pretty fobs and glorious stitching.
Motivational.......erm......no lol I need to though!!

Shannon said...

Holiday themed scissors and scissor fobs... hmmmm.... I like that idea :D

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad Brie is getting better and better. That's great!

Congrats on getting yourself organized. It can be daunting to do, but you did it. I know it'll be easier to find things now that you know where to look.

Sharon said...

Cindy's fobs are gorgeous! I am the proud owner of two myself! Brie sounds great and your wip is progressing so nicely!

Thanks for the compliment on the kids's picture.

Olga said...

Pretty stitching on Herb Garden! Love the fobs too.

Paisley said...

Your pink bunny scissors are too cute! Herb Garden is coming along nicely, too.

Hope your weather improves soon! It's going to be fall before we know it!

Sonda said...

Herb Garden looks good and those fobs are wonderful. When do we get to see another Brie picture???