Monday, August 04, 2008

She's...DONE!

If you've dropped by my Blog over the past few days you may have noticed my little note but if not then listen up...Stargazer is officially DONE!!!! Yup, you heard me right...D-O-N-E! :o) Considering everything that has been going on here, I'm proud to say that I was only one day over my goal. I estimate that I was putting on approximately 70 beads each day that I worked on her and if it wasn't for that darn Kermit, I probably would have had her done by July 31 >:o( As much as I want to stitch the Halloween Fairy, part of me doesn't want to see another bead for awhile. LOL!

Can there possibly be anything worse than a visit from 'the frog'? What is the worst thing that comes to your mind? If you said running out of fabric, you're right! As I started adding the beads in the sky, I realized that I was going to cut it VERY close on the right hand side :oS How this happened, I have no idea. She's either not centered correctly on the chart or else I made a grave error in counting. That's a good possibility because I seemed to have a real problem counting beyond ten with this project. LOL! It is tight as I only have a two inch allowance on the right but my plan remains not to have a mat but if worse comes to worse, in that instance I can always sew on a piece in order to lace her.

So, are you ready to see her? Are you sure? ;o) Here she is -

Photobucket

What do you think? Since the weather has been the pits, I've had quite a time to get a good picture of her. I think this one represents the colors in their truest form. I stitched her on 28 count Blue Clouds Jobelan by Heaven Lee Creations. Their colors are so soft and nicely blended. I LOVE their fabrics but they do take a long time to ship.

Now you're probably wondering what my Happy Dance looked like ;o) Well...I thought about doing the Hamster Dance... -

Photobucket

...or the Dancing Baby -

Photobucket

Then the Chicken Dance came to mind... -

Photobucket

...but in the end I just rocked it and it looked more like this -

Photobucket

ROFL!

Now, I can thankfully cross off this huge project off my list of goals for the year and concentrate on the rest :o) I've just started Herb Garden by LHN. I thought it was quite appropriate since we do have a little brown hare on our property.

The Halloween bug has bitten though and I can't wait to get a hold of the new JCS magazine! I've seen the cover and already I'm excited! I checked the stores on Saturday but they still have the Christmas ornament preview issue on the stands :o( Drat! As you can probably see, patience is not one of my virtues ;o)

42 comments:

Tammy said...

She is stunning! Congratulations on such a gorgeous finish. With all that you've been dealing with as of late, I would agree that one day over your goal date is darn good!

Lori said...

Your finished stargazer is gorgeous, Cathey!

When ever I saw a picture of her... I've NEVER noticed the swirly beads above her. Your picture really shows that, so thanks for the picture. I know what you mean about taking pictures when it is cloudy and gray. My basement is starting to leak, we've had that much rain this morning. :o(

After this I'll complain about the sun, so there's just no pleasing me, LOL ;o)

Ginnie said...

Stargazer looks amazing, I love the way the beads set it off, well worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! She looks stunning, Well done you for having such a beautiful finish. Love the dancing baby!!lol

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! She's just gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see her all framed up. Are you scouting out a place of honor for her to hang in?

Carolyn said...

WOW!!! Such an amazing piece Cathey..I love it:)

The fabric is so pretty

Do you have a place picked out for it yet??

I know what you mean about the weather-

I don't know what the weather man was talking about when he said it was going to be a hot,dry summer????

Do you think he made a mistake??

Unknown said...

Stargazer is just breathtaking!!! WONDERFUL JOB!

Rachel S-H said...

She looks stunning! Very beautiful! And worth the hassle of beads. I am Snoopy-style Happy Dancing for you.

The Herb Garden is a fun stitch. We have a little brown hare in our garden too. Last year she ate my rosemary, this year she is on a tomato kick. My mom fought her all summer, so I did that for Christmas for her.

Jocelyn said...

Da da da da da DAAA!!

CONGRATULATIONS! She's a beauty!

And, yes, the chart's centering lines are off-it wasn't you. It was something people were coming across from the getgo with Stargazer--me included. :)

Love the fabric for her. She is a beautiful finish. Congratulations again!

stitcherw said...

She turned out gorgeous, congrats on your awesome finish. Like you I'm eagerly awaiting the new JCS Halloween issue, I can't wait to see all the goodies it will have.
Sue

Velda said...

wow that's a knockout!

Shari said...

she is beautiful Cathey! Congrats on a huge wonderful finish!!!!

Daffycat said...

lol! Now I happy too!

Stargazer is incredibly awesome. Wow. You done good, girl!

Congrats on the new start! Any way to get a photo of the bunny? Or is he too fast?

Hugs for Brie and you for your finish!

Irene said...

OMG ! She's beautiful, love the beading.

Sue said...

Oh, Stargazer is simply beautiful. She looks so gorgeous on that linen. Congrats ;)

Chiloe said...

congratulations !!! I am sooooooooo happy for you ! She's beautiful. Too bad we can't enlarge it :-( It sends me to Photobucket.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish! She truly is beautiful!

Sharon said...

She looks marvelous! Congrats on an amazing finish!

Christine S said...

Congrats, she's beautiful!!

Sonda said...

OMG!!! THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!! I'm happy dancing with you because it's amazing!! Well done!

Brie looked so cute swimming along there in her little life jacket. Glad she's getting stronger.

Sorry to hear that the roller coaster ride with LTD and your employer is getting much better. Keep fighting the good fight. You've got "international" moral support from all of us!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! - she really looks great in your photo. I bet you are so proud - and rightly so!

WendyCarole said...

She looks wonderful

Anonymous said...

:: Happy Dance ::

She looks amazing! You did a fantastic job and the bead work is stunning.

Lelia said...

Congratulations!! It is just beautiful : )

Love all the dancing, too LOL

Enjoy the day

Karen said...

super finish Cathey well done she looks stunning

Lindsay said...

She's stunning, Congratulations on an amazing finish

Barb said...

She is beautiful. I don't blame you for being happy. Your pictures were hilarious! Barb

Mary Ann said...

Oh my, Cathey! She is beautiful, gorgeous, stunning...Congratulations on such a wonderful piece!!

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous!! Congratulations. :o)

Olga said...

Your Stargazer is so pretty. Congratulations on the gorgeous finish!

Paisley said...

Congratulations, Cathey! She's a beauty! I admire your ability to stick with these huge projects!

Stitchingranny said...

Wow what a stunning finish. I will look forward to seeing your next one

Annie said...

Wow! That is a beautiful piece. I wouldn't be able to stop looking at that if it were hanging in my home.

Faith Ann said...

I was wondering if I'd see a HD when I got back :)

GORGEOUS!!

She must be so sparkly in real life... I love the heaviness of a piece after all the beads have been added.

Jenn M said...

W-O-W!!!!

Ranae said...

Congratulations! She's totally gorgeous! love the bead work, it was well worth it.

Cindy said...

Stargazer is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your finish :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations she looks amazing. The beading was worth all the effort, the effect is stunning.

Anonymous said...

WOW SHE'S BEAUTIFUL CATHEY Well done.

Love
Heather
http://fireflydreams.wordpress.com

Alberta said...

Cathey, Stargazer is incredibly gorgeous! This will be an heirloom piece for sure.

Shannon said...

She's GORGEOUS ! Yet another perfect choice for fabric too. Congratulations !

♥ Nia said...

hahahaah I love the happy dance!! ROTFL :D