Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Welcome To My...

Needlework Shop -

Photobucket

As you can see, it's still under construction but it's going at a pretty good pace. How they have the upstairs windows hung in mid air like that, I'll never know ;o) The brickwork on the foundation should be done in another day and then the upstairs walls will go in. The architect, CCN, did a lovely job designing this place don't you think? LOL!

LOOK -

Photobucket

When I saw this there was a HUGE smile on my face :o) That means that fall is just around the corner AND it's my favourite time of year. The nights have been cool and I've been enjoying that but the mosquitoes are still out >:o( DH is talking about going camping in Maine sometime during the month of September. Brie and I are all for it!

Today I went and had FOUR vials of blood taken out of me. It started hitting me on the way home even though I had some apple juice and a donut ;o) You didn't hear the donut part. Shhhh! The girl that took my blood was really good but then again, I have 'wonderful' veins. I almost associate those nurses with vampires because they mention this every time I go in. LOL!

On my way home, I took a quick peek to see if I could find myself a strapless bra for my dress. Wouldn't you know it...I did! Not only is it black, my size and seamless, it's got straps so you can convert it to a regular bra AND it comes with those 'invisible' straps :o) When I got in the dressing room, I stuffed the girls in and put my t-shirt back over top to see the effect. Not only does it hide 'the' nipple but it makes the girls look like twins again. My only problem, trying to stay in that thing!

I'm almost embarrassed to say but I've been nominated for another award {blush}. Jennifer awarded me this -

Photobucket

Here are the rules:

1) Only five people allowed.
2) Four of them have to be dedicated followers of your Blog and one has to be new and live in another part of the world.
3) You have to link back to who gave you the award.

Here are my nominees and again, they are in NO particular order -

Mumsy - as you know, this is my mother and she has been an avid reader and fan of my Blog.

Karen - I know you're not Blogging at the moment girl but we've got a lot of history together.

Lori-Ann - a retreat buddy that Katie and I converted into a Blogger buddy.

Nancy - the queen of scrapbooking and an artist.

Joanne - an Aussie with a flair for stitching and cake decorating.

To round off my day, I just got THE most awesome, life changing news!!!! My mind is racing with uncertainties, my face is flushed with happiness and my heart is relieved :o) I hate to be a tease but I cannot say a word for the time being. I know, I know! But there are some things that have to be taken care of first before 'the cat can be let out of the bag'. Stay tuned.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Needlework shop is looking good!

Congrats on your award! What does BFF stand for? I keep seeing it and I have no idea what it means apart from it must be something to do with friends.

Jennifer said...

Double stick fashion tape. I'm pretty sure you can find it in Victoria's Secret or other shops that sell lingerie items.

Danielle said...

Pumpkin, I am a new reader to your blog. I just wanted to say your Needlework Shop is looking great and I look forward to hearing your good news, when you are ready to share!

Lori said...

Thanks so much for the award, very sweet of you :o) I have'nt seen this one before. I can't seem to pick it up though. A small window pops up thanking me for visiting your site. Clicking it takes me to photobucket login.

Lots of good things in this post. Like Fall leaves, YAY!
Girls put in their place, LOL
Blood tests, not fun, but I wish I had "good" veins. Maybe then I wouldn't have hit and miss encounters.

Do I detect a wiff of "aux de LTD", perhaps?? Again with the cliff hangers ;o)

Anonymous said...

Needlework shop looks fab!!
I am so glad that you managed to get the 'girls' sorted and dressed ;0)
Oh you BIG Tease!! How can you leave us dangling like this!!! LOL

Olga said...

Congratulation on your award! Your needlework shop looks great. I am looking forward to see it finished.

Daffycat said...

OMG! You can't end a post like that! How dare you? That is SO NOT fair! Just how long do we have to wait anyway???:op

Amanda said...

Your Needlework Shop looks great so far - it's fun to watch buildings come together through stitching. Congrats on your award - you deserve it!

Velda said...

oh oh oh!!! A fall leave YAY!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Your Needlework Shop is looking great!

I am also very glad to see the first signs of fall. The nights have been cool and refreshing this past week, which is great for August!

I have always called those blood-taking nurses "vampires" (LOL)!

I can't wait to hear your awesome news! I have a guess :)

mumzy said...

Congrats on another award sweetie. You know I'm your biggest fan. Your stitching is always tops. Your great news must be over the top if it has you so excited. Hope the little bird whispers the news to everyone soon. I'm going to want to have hi-speed at the Park this weekend for sure in case the news are spread out online. Have a great weekend.

DovilÄ— said...

great choise Needlework Shop, enjoy stitching :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the good news whatever it may be - hope it all is smooth sailing for you.

The needlework shop looks wonderful.

Annie said...

Your Needlework Shop is looking great. But you now how contractors are...you'll need to keep a close watch on them!

Jocelyn said...

You leave us in suspense again!! I am happy it's good news, whatever it may be!

Your Needlework Shop is really lovely. Congrats on all your hard work!

Congrats also on finding a bra. I would try the fashion tape, too, to help the bra stay up. Then you won't have to worry about it all night long.

Yuko said...

Hi Cathey,
Your talk always make me smile and it's so fun to read through!
(Even though I'm not good at English, lol)
Your Needlework shop is looking great, your stitching is very beautiful!!
I'm so looking forward to seeing completed piece soon!

Tammy said...

Your needlework shop is looking great.

Can't wait to hear your good news. I'm excited that you have some positive things brewing!

If you have access to a LaSenza I'd try there.

Barb said...

Needlework shop is looking good. I look forward to seeing more progress on it.

Congrats on the award!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Thanks for passing the award on to me, it is much appreciated. Looking forward to you sharing your good news and I am glad that you were able to find a bra that suited the 'girls'.