Sunday, August 10, 2008

Seven Wishes

"If you were handed seven wishes, would you turn your back for more? Would you hold on tight to what you have, would you try to change the score?" ~ Lyrics by Night Ranger

After reading Cindy's Blog the other day, this quote caught my eye and peeked my interest. I knew an idea had already engrained itself in my brain and I asked Cindy's permission if I could borrow it for my own post. Thanks girl :o)

Okay, imagine you've been presented with seven wishes but you have three options, what are you going to do? Will you ask for more, keep what you have or try and change your present circumstances? Seems pretty straight forward doesn't it? I gave this serious thought and although I am not one to look back on the past and run through the "What Ifs", I have come up with my own answer.

I definitely would not ask for more. I feel that when it really comes down to it, I am very lucky in life. Yes, there have been some crrrrappy things happen this year but I have a roof over my head, food in the cupboards, clothes on my back, friends who enjoy my company (I think!), family that love me, critter kids to torment me and the love of my life, DH :o) How could you dare ask for anything more when you have all that?

Now here is where the waters become a little murky...would I keep what I have? YES...but no. As you just saw, I listed off a number of great things in my life and those I would definitely not wish to be different. What would I change then? There are two things. Only two. One would be to erase Brie's back problem. Brie has been nothing but the sweetest of dogs and one that only knows unconditional love. She never deserved the fate that was dealt to her.

The second change would erase some of my health problems. The breast cancer I can live with. I've come to terms with that and I think it has made me a better person. It's the Fibromyalgia and the Chronic Fatigue that I would want taken away. They have brought nothing but grief to me, both physically and mentally. I want to break free of this prison and have my original life back.

And finally, would I try and change my present circumstances? To be completely honest, yes, but not in ways you may think! Do I want to be rich? No. Do I want a perfect body? No. Do I want to create world peace? It would be a nice thought but not truly realistic, so no. End world hunger? Again, unfortunately no. There are only two things that I'd want to be different. Really, really :o)

One, I would like it if DH and I had jobs that we absolutely loved. Jobs that made us truly happy and that we looked forward to going to every morning. Two, I would absolutely love it if DH and I had an oceanfront property :o) I just want a view of the water from every window of our quaint little house and a small beach where we can go beachcombing every evening. A quiet solitude away from the bustle of a hectic society. Sigh.

As you can see, my wishes are not extravagant. Yes, this is all for fun but I wanted it to border realism at the same time. So...which one would you choose? My challenge to you is to try the same thing. Be honest with yourself. Look deep inside and let your heart tell you what you 'really' want. Believe me, it's not as easy as you think ;o)

6 comments:

Lori said...

Very interesting.
Good choices for sure.

Me... I've tried to think on this before... but just talk myself in circles, LOL.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Cathey,

Now this an interesting question.
I could make do with seven wishes.
Would I change what I have??
Honestly? I'd like to make some
home improvements, and like you I
would love a house on the water.
Georgian Bay would suffice. And I
would love to not have to work.
To fill my days with tending my
home, working on crafts, and my
other favourite pastimes. I'd
like the strength of purpose to
be able to stick to loosing weight.
I'd say that would make me happy. Oh, and good health for me and mine until the end of our days.
And good friends to share our lives with. Am I past my quota??

And I'd add my wish to yours and give you the healthy life that you wish for. And maybe a beach front house too. :)

Cheers!

Karen said...

hmmmm I need to think lol

Jocelyn said...

That's a tough question, for sure. I'd really have to think about it.

I like your wishes!

Sharon said...

Cathey, questions like that always make one think. I am pretty happy as I am-the only thing I would really like is a really great guy to to love me and the kids. Yes, I have a husband-but it's a long long story!

Of course, that ocean front property sounds wonderful-I love to look out on the water too.

Cindy said...

Great post...and I am glad to have inspired it! I wish that I would have done a better job of elaborating on my seven wishes :)