Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Corn Boil

Thanks to my DSIL, C, DH and I ate in style last night...hydro cooled, peaches n' cream corn on the cob and LOBSTER! Mmmmm-mmmmm! It seems like forever since we've taken a trip down to Maine so this was definitely a nice treat :o) I can't remember the last time I had lobbies. The corn is awesome too but that has to come from the Saturday market and we don't get there very often. Apparently, I sleep in too late for DH :oP

My four legged friend seems to be quite the popular little girl lately! Not only did TC send her a toy made by Shannon but she also received another package in the mail yesterday. This time it was a pink toy purse (with squeaker) from Daisy, Tammy's little one :o)

Photobucket

Brie absolutely LOVES it! I made the huge mistake of squeezing it while Brie was sleeping. LOL! I swear, sometimes she can sleep through an earthquake but squeeze a toy or open the freezer door and the next thing you know, you have two beady eyes looking right at you.

Brie is now walking 100% on her own as of this past weekend. She is learning to sit properly by using the muscles in her haunches and she can now do her 'business' unassisted :o) The number of accidents is zero since the end of last week too. We 'may' have finally figured out her new schedule! It's bad enough trying to keep track of one's own. LOL!

My exchange with Sonda arrived yesterday as well and she surprised me with some adorable doggy fabric -

Photobucket

This will definitely get used :o) Thanks so much for the great exchange Sonda! We'll have to do it again sometime.

I'm really enjoying stitching Herb Garden -

Photobucket

It's such a change to actually be cross stitching again! This piece is being stitched on the recommended 32 count Lilac linen and I almost dropped when I actually had that in my fabric stash. It's such a pretty shade. I had bought a piece about a meter long when a LNS closed.

I came up against a snag with my Christmas ornament exchange idea. I know I have the fabric but...I can't find it! My computer/craft room really needs to be organized again. I've got a backup color and I'm hoping it will work out much better anyway.

Have you seen the contents of the JCS Halloween Issue yet? If not, check out their site where they have a little slideshow. I'm really loving some of those Halloween ornaments, especially the one by La-D-Da ;o)

I want to thank everyone for all the nice comments that they left regarding Stargazer. You all are too kind! I hate to say it but she will be going into storage for the time being :o( She was supposed to be framed and ready for the fair in September but that's not going to happen. Oh well. There's always next year!

16 comments:

Velda said...

hehehe remember when I asked you for your address for my address book?......I lied lol......I'm glad you have such wonderful dog loving friends who care about Brie :)

Tammy said...

Look at the pose on Brie. That is a truly Princess pose if I ever. I'm glad she likes it. Glad to hear she is healing so well.

You've received some great mail this week. Have fun with it.

Sue said...

I'm so glad Brie is doing so well ;)

Anonymous said...

Somehow I think a pink purse is just perfect for Brie... LOL!!
Stargazer looks awesome. Fabulous finish!!

Mary Ann said...

That dinner sounds delicious!! And, I'm happy to see and hear that Brie is doing well!

Also, lovely start on Herb Garden.

Ranae said...

Yummy!! Lobster... I am so hungry right now.
Brie is sooo adorable and doing well.
Herb Garden looks great, love that little bunny.
I want my halloween issue NOW, lol.
I dont even have my CS&N yet with the ToT fairy :( I go in the bookstores all the time, I am so sick of not finding either one. Someday the mail carrier will surpirise me, hopefully.

Daffycat said...

Awwww, look at Brie with her pretty pick purse! I am thrilled to hear she is walking and not having accidents. She does NOT have beady eyes! lol She is a pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Brie is doing well.

I'm a cross-stitch freak. I correctly identified the designers of all the cover models. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Brie is doing so well!!!

Lori said...

Drooling over the dinner, and Brie looks cute with her purse.

You just HAD to mention the JCS Halloween ornament mag!! I did see it on line and immediately wanted it.
I'm pouting because "Reids" had it and it sold so fast that ther are NONE left!! With hubby so busy with the truck... I can't even get out to frantically search. sigh.
Hope you have better luck if you haven't gotten it already.

Cindy said...

Yum! That sounds like a wonderful dinner :)

I can't wait until the JCS issue arrives...I see a couple of ornaments in that slideshow that I absolutely love!

Chiloe said...

Oh no !!!!!!! I saw 3 desings I must stitch ... :-((

I'm glad Brie is much better. Those are incredible news !!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad that Brie is doing so much better!! That is so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, but when I read about your beloved furbaby having some issues, I just had to go digging back through your old posts to find out what was wrong! Having a Pomeranian with congestive heart failure, I know all too well how important each day can seem. I'm so glad that Brie is recovering so well!

Sonda said...

Wow, what good news on Brie. I like that kind of update. Glad you had a yummy dinner. I checked out the slideshow and there are definitely some cute charts in there. I'll probably HAVE to get that issue...sigh. I should probably just subscribe. LOL

Shannon said...

Ah Brie, you're such a cutie. That purse is perfect for you lol