Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sixth Finish For 2008

Woohoo! One more step closer to the goals I set for 2008 :o) This is Herb Garden by LHN -

Photobucket

I really love the colors and I can't seem to say that enough. I'm not a purple person either but this fabric is so soft and lovely.

Photobucket

Here's a close up of the brown hare himself -

Photobucket

I shouldn't have a problem finding a frame. It's getting off my butt and actually stretching the piece is what will probably slow me down. Hey, I'm being honest because I know myself ;o) LOL!

So, this piece will go towards one more small finish. I really need to start focusing on my medium sized projects because so far I have none completed :oS I was really hoping my fabric for Halloween Fairy (I've named her Tot, short for Trick or Treat, thanks to Rachael) would arrive today but no such luck :o( I'm anxious to start her. My lips are sealed about the fabric until I show you my first WIP picture ;o)

I guess that means I either dig out my project for the Christmas ornament exchange or I can start one of the medium sized pieces that I have lined up and actually have all the stuff for. Hmmm....I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know a great substitute for 28 count Vintage Lentil linen by Lakeside Linens? They say it's close to DMC 644.

There are a few thank yous that I want to extend. The first is to Suzanne for her RAOK :o) She sent me this pattern off of my Want List -

Photobucket

The other is to Rachael for nominating me for this award -

Photobucket

I know I say this a lot but I can't tell you how much it means to me when people tell me that they enjoy reading my Blog :o) From some of the comments that were left last time, it seems that a lot of you have memories from my fart posts. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! LOL! Anyway, this time I will follow the rules and pass this award on to other people. Please DO NOT be offended if I don't list your Blog. My criteria this time is to promote some awesome Blogs that may not be as well known in Bloggerland :o) So here they are -

Jocelyn - this mighty woman adds magic to everything she does from stitching and quilting to gardening and baking.

Mary Ann - I am in awe of the kindness that she spreads around with her stitching for sick children.

Sue - I love watching all her stitching come to life and she's a fellow animal lover.

Nursy - she's finally been roped into the Blogging world so check her out to see how she's doing.

Renee - this wizard does model stitching for Nora Corbett and Country Cottage Needleworks, plus she's a great friend.

Cindy - not only does she make beautiful fobs but she's a huge Bon Jovi fan as well.

Stitch Pink - a wonderful Blog set up by Kim and deals with anything that has to do with breast cancer.

For those of you who have been awarded, please post the following rules on your Blog -

1. The winner can put the logo on their Blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other Blogs.
4. Put the links to those Blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the Blogs of those you've nominated.

That'd be it :o)

29 comments:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Cathey,

Congrats on finishing Herb
Garden. It looks wonderful.
I really like the look of it
stitched on the mauve fabric.
It really allows the colours
of the threads used to pop and
lets the white thread show up
well too.

Thats a cool Prairie Schooler
pattern that you received from
Suzanne. Looks like some fun
little designs to stitch, and
very appropriate for stitchers
and sewers alike.

Vintage Lentil Linen is a
popular fabric for LHN designs
and I'd love to know a good
substitute for it as well. Is
it really a match for DMC 644??
That's handy to know.

And congratulations for being
nominated for a blog award.

I'm glad I'm not the only one
who gets a chuckle out of the
fart posts. :)

Cheers!

Tammy said...

Your latest finish is darling. I really like the look of the fabric.

Faith Ann said...

Very pretty colours in that piece... the fabric is perfect for it.

Anonymous said...

Oh!! Herb Garden does look fab!!
I am a purple lover so it appeals to me greatly....


.........What I have done?? Tot sounds good to me though!! LOL

Annie said...

I love your finished piece. The bunny and the bees are such small details, but they really make this design special.

CathE said...

That finish is gorgeous.

Ranae said...

Beautiful finish, love the colours

Paisley said...

Congrats on your finish! Very pretty colors, and I love the bunny!

Anonymous said...

I so love that finish! That bunny's just too cute!
You might check Sassy's Fabrics for a substitute fabric ... she's creates wonderful fabrics!
*hands on hips* *toe tapping* So .. I don't get an award?!?! *ROFL* Congrats to all you named!

Anonymous said...

The bunny is gorgeous. I love the colours too and the delicate purple fabric is perfect for it.

mumzy said...

It has been a while since I was able to comment on your blog. Your brown bunny is really cute and I just love it. We still have a couple of these creatures hanging around here. Usually when summer cottagers come in, the bunnies disappear, but this year they are still around. Maybe I will have more time from now on to send you comments. Still enjoy reading your blog. {{{Hugs}}}

Sharon said...

Love your finish Cathey! It's beautiful. Congrats.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the award Cathey!! You are too sweet!!! I just finished another model!!! Yes, I'm a tease! :)

imnverted said...

Herb garden is so cute! Great finish

Lori said...

WHUT? NOT a purple person? ;o)
Well, I'm enough of one for both of us, LOL.

Great finish (love the fabby) hehe

Mary Ann said...

A wonderful finish, Cathey! I love the colors and the bunny is just so sweet.

And, thank you for the award. I am honored that you consider my blog as one that you love.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the finish. It looks fabulous.

Karen said...

the herb garden looks great well done on your finish

Sue said...

Congratulations on your finish. The color combo is a bit unusual but works really well ;)

Cindy said...

Thank you for the award :)

Congratulations on your finish...that sure is a cute one!

Karin said...

It's a beautiful finish! Congrats.

Sonda said...

Herb Garden looks wonderful!! It'll be cute no matter how you finish it. Can't wait to see Tot!! :)

Yuko said...

Hi Cathey, long time no "see"!
Congratulations on your lovely finish!
Your Herb Garden is very pretty!!
I love the fabric colour, too!
Very beautiful finish!!

Loreta said...

Wow! Your herb garden is wonderful!

Olga said...

Your herb garden looks so nice! I am looking forward to seeing your Halloween Fairy WIP pictures.

Jocelyn said...

Your Herb Garden is lovely! Congratulations!!

I've been canning, so I have just been checking blogs and I didn't see the award until now. THANK YOU, Cathey!! What a wonderful thing you said. I really appreciate it! I'll be putting it on my blog directly!

stitcherw said...

Herb garden looks wonderful, congrats on a lovely finish. What fabric was it that you used for it? Sorry I can't help on the fabric substitute for the other, I'm really bad on trying to pick fabrics and usually get someone else to do it for me so I'd be no help in that dept. Thank you so much for the award. I love reading your blog and seeing your pieces come to life as well, and your fun pictures of Brie. How is she doing? Still improving?
I'll keep my fingers crossed your ordered fabric gets there soon, it is so frustrating to have to wait for new stash, especially when you want to start using it right away.
Sue

Anonymous said...

The Herb Garden piece is lovely! I do like the purple fabric, but then I'm a purple person! LOL I'm glad you are liking the PS leaflet..you'll have to show me some finishes out of there!

Take care,
Suzanne

Stitcher said...

Congrats on your finish! Truly lovely!