Friday, August 08, 2008

When Good Donuts Go Bad

A sport's store sells sporting goods. A pet store sells pet supplies. A grocery store sells food items. It would stand to reason that a donut shop would sell donuts. Or so you'd think, right? That's what I always understood.

This morning, I went into town to do testing for a job that I applied for with the government. It took about an hour and a half. After I finished a few errands, I thought that I would stop and treat myself to a gooey treat :o)

Up here in 'da nort', we have a chain of donut shops called Tim Horton's. They are literally like a cult and it's the coffee, not the donuts, which pulls people in. There's practically one on every corner and their drive thru line ups have actually caused problems because they've been so long. Some people travel there a couple of times a day, seven days a week. Now that's dedication!

Anyway, I'm over by the Exhibition Grounds so I stop in at the Tim's there. I pull up to the drive thru and the lady comes on and asks me if she can take my order.

"Yes, I'd like a Strawberry Blossom and a chocolate glazed donut please."

"Um, I'm sorry but we don't have any more Strawberry Blossoms."

"Okay, can I have one of your chocolate cookies then?" ~ I'm looking right at a picture of one on their drive thru menu board.

"Nope, I'm sorry, we don't have those either."

"Alright, what do you have for filled donuts?"

"Do you mean the powered donuts?"

"Yes."

"Oh, we don't carry those here."

O-kay... I bet you that if we had a Krispy Kreme here we wouldn't have that problem!!!! Btw, if anyone can stuff a KK donut into an envelope and send it to me, I'd be FOREVER grateful ;o)

14 comments:

Tammy said...

That is nuts! Did you end up getting anything?

I remember once my daughter went to Wendy's, same corporation as Tim Horton's and they had no meat. How does that work when you're making burgers????

Crazee4books said...

Hi Cathey,

My DH and I always get a kick
out of our neighbours who leave
the house in the mornings on the
weekends, drive to our local
Tim's and pick up coffee and a
donut. Then they come home with
it. Hope it's worth the time and
the cost of gas.

Since I don't drink coffee and donuts are one of the few sweet treats that I can live without
we don't go to Tim's hardly at
all. I'm a tea Grannie, who
doesn't even know how to make
coffee.

Brie and her new pink purse
look divine together. She's
all about the bling, isn't she.
She looks so adorable in her
life vest, and also very
determined as she swims along.

I'm so glad to hear that she's
walking on her own, and ..er..
stuff. She's come such a long
way in such a relatively short
amount of time.

Nice progress on Herb Garden.
That's one cute little bunny.

It's cold and it's raining
here. Oh yeah, that's right...
it's the weekend. We're
still waiting for that hot,
dry summer that the weather
forecasters were predicting
for us last Spring. So
annoying.

For my current stitching piece,
I would like to frame this one
since it's such a full piece,
which is to say it's a lot of
work. But I'd like to stitch
a couple of these to make a
grouping. We'll see how that
goes.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers!!

Daffycat said...

Oh wow...that's the pitts. I'd send you a KK but It'd be so stale before it got thru customs...

Irene said...

What a hoot ! My Mom goes to Timmy's every day for her coffee and maple dip, I sometimes tag along for a French Vanilla. They know us so well that I don't need to say what I want, sometimes it's even ready for me before I get to the till. As for KK, they opened one here a few years back, didn't do very well closed within a year.
Good luck on the job.

Chiloe said...

lol !!!!!!!! So what do they sell? Fish? Fruits? lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry no Krispy Kreme's here, Wow so you have drive thru coffee shops then,amazing!! But for a store not to sell what it is advertising is bad!!

Jennifer said...

Would you believe the KK store where we used to live (in Delaware) went out of business and because a cellphone store?

Anonymous said...

Until Krispy Kreme opened here in Australia (and I tried one of their famous donuts) I had no idea how different our donuts are from yours. Different type of dough is used and ours are usually served hot with powdered sugar and cinnamon on the outside.

Krispy Kreme donuts taste odd to my Aussie palate. Not bad mind you, I rather like them, but class them more as a cake type treat than a donut.

Jocelyn said...

We don't have Krispy Kreme up here--we live in Dunkin Donuts land. There is one in EVERY town--even if all that town has is a post office and a general store--they almost always have a Dunkin Donuts, too. In fact, gas stations in the middle of nowhere up here have Dunkin Donuts attached to them!

Anonymous said...

We have EXACTLY the same problem with Dunkin Donuts around here. Half of the time, they barely have any donuts and they keep branching out to other foods and the like. Very strange to me.

Karen said...

LOL it wouldnt bother me I don't like donuts ;O)


what are strawberry blossoms?

HMH said...

Hi Cathey, just to let you know that my heathersstitchinghaven.blogspot.com has been disabled by those at blogger for the past 3 weeks and I am now using my http://fireflydreams.wordpress.com blog. I hope you will come and check it out when you have time.

My parents have a krispy kreme near them, they are delicious.

jane said...

That's pretty funny - a donut store with no donuts. Actually, that's exactly the kind of donut shop I need!

Paisley said...

LOL! Reminds me of Monty Python's cheese shop sketch!