Sunday, February 04, 2007

Seven Down...43 More To Go!

Last night I completed Part 2 of my Marquoir Sampler -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now I'm getting a better idea of how it's going to look. I'm still a little unsure as it looks a bit Christmassy but those are the colors in my living room. I've gone too far to turn back now ;o) I think I will tackle Part 1 next.

This past week I worked on Oak Island on Tuesday and Thursday as promised and I've almost got the right half of the design completed. Maybe by the end of this coming week I'll take a progress picture. I did try to take a picture of it in the dark but the glow in the dark thread was not vibrant enough for the digital camera to pick up on :o( If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm not even sure if it is possible to take a picture of it glowing like that.

Well, I survived Friday! I managed to get through it in one piece although I was in bad shape that evening. It's amazing what mental anguish can do to one's self. I want to thank everyone who sent good wishes and support my way. They were GREATLY appreciated :o) Now I just have to get through my annual mammogram and hopefully I will be home free for another year!

Mom and Dad called on Friday night to let us know that they were okay. They are touring Florida with the RV. I read about the tornado on Friday and I had a bit of anxiety (okay, a lot!) until I found out it was in central Florida and Mom and Dad were in the southern part of the state. Whew! What devastation though :o( They are having a great time and I'm so glad they are, although I am very jealous about the warmer weather ;o)

This weekend was pretty low key. Katie dropped by on Saturday afternoon for a quick stitching session while Alex was at a birthday party. It was SO nice to have a stitching partner :o) DH and I caught up on all of our shows that I tapped last week and we had another rip roaring game of Scrabble. Unfortunately I did not win this time but I think DH cheats any chance he gets ;o)

6 comments:

Faith Ann said...

I think Marquoir Sampler is looking great and those colours will be fine.

Faith Ann said...

Whoa... wait a second here... *eight* Cadbury Cream Eggs this year?!

Jamie said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend and that your parents are safe. It sounds like you had a good evening of tv and scrabble. Hope you had a great weekend and a great week!

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear that your parents are ok and that you made it though Friday ok.

I love the colors in the piece you are working on. Very Christmasy. :)

Karen said...

Cathey your Marquior is lovely I think I am still a little ahead on the creme egg's I had my 10th one this year last night ;o) (its been a bad week lol)

Barb said...

Your sampler is very pretty. Glad to hear your parents made it through the storms.