Wednesday, February 21, 2007

For A Great Cause

Tonight was Stitch Night and we had a wonderful surprise waiting for us when we got there :o) A good friend of mine is a cross-stitch designer and her company goes by the name of Fiddlestitch Cottage. If you haven't been to her website, I strongly encourage you to do so! Tracy has just designed and released a new pattern called Hope Tea -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It truly is adorable but that is not the best part. If you buy the pattern directly from her, 100% of the revenue from her sales will go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation! How awesome is that! As some of you may know from reading my Blog, I am a breast cancer survivor myself. Tracy's mother is also a survivor and one of 33 years! So as you can see, this project is near and dear to our hearts so I am more than happy to promote this for her ;o) If you are interested, or know of someone who might be, please contact Tracy. It's a small cost for the pattern but it will go towards big things so help me get the word out!

Now you may be wondering why I have bought a new pattern seeing that I am on The 50 Project Challenge. Since this is a very special item, it falls under the Charity/Donations Exception. Shannon can back me up on this ;o) I've already pulled the threads and now I need to search through two drawers of fabric to find something that will suit it because believe it or not, with all that fabric I don't think I have a piece of 28 count white Jobelan!

The rest of the evening did not disappoint either. It was so good to be back with the girls :o) We had a good turnout and there were so many lovely projects. Angela brought her Two By Two afghan by Sue Hillis and it's just stunning! I have seen this project completed before and even after seeing it a second time I'm still just as blown away. Faith Ann brought her Gingerbread afghan and all I can say is that she had better hide it when it's done, otherwise I'm going to take it ;o) Her Christmas Village is really coming along nicely as well. Katie was working on her Summer Dragons by Dragon Dreams and she'll be done in no time. There is no way I'm going to be able to catch up with her on this project challenge if she keeps this up! So far my plans of sabotage have not worked. LOL!

I was pleasantly surprised with a gift this evening. Faye gave me a doggy scrapbook just for Brie! She will now have her own picture album :o) I can't wait to start filling all those cute pages!

As I have said before, laughter is the best medicine and there was plenty there tonight :o) It was so wonderful to unwind and not think about all the stresses, even if it was only for three hours. I can't tell you how wonderful these women are. There is no shortage of kindness and each one is willing to open their hearts. They are my link to sanity and my breath of fresh air. I am truly lucky to have these women in my life :o)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

It sounds like you had a great stitching night. Sounds like so much fun, friends and stash what more could you want. :)

Shannon said...

That afghan (two by two) must be amazing in person !

I'm glad you bought Hope Tea :) Get stitching !

Faith Ann said...

Oak Island is looking FANTASTIC!!

I love Brie's new album :)

Karen said...

Your friends design is great, I lookforward to seeing yours stitched.
Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends

Barb said...

That is very pretty.

Katie said...

I love Oak Island!! Brie's scrapbook is going to look smashing :)