Sunday, June 08, 2008

She's Sparkling!

I know I've been promising another update on Stargazer for awhile and now I 'finally' have one for you! Last night I finished all the Petite beads in her dress -

Photobucket

Whew! I'm glad to have those done although there are a few more that will go in as stars above her head. Put it this way, at least there aren't that many left ;o) I've been keeping track and it took me ten days to bead her topcoat but it took fifteen days to add in the Petite beads. Here's an updated up close picture for you -

Photobucket

Next on the agenda will be the white beads in her dress. I'm hoping that it won't take me any more than ten days to do them. Once those are done, then her dress will be complete and it will be on to the stars :o)

I'm still aiming for the end of June as a finish date but if not, I suspect it will be pretty close. In a way I want to really get her done so I can move onto something else as the urge to start a new project is just calling but I know as she gets closer to being complete, I will start to slow down and regret that she will be coming to end.

I just want to thank everyone again for leaving comments with encouragement and with such kind words of support :o)

16 comments:

Karen said...

wow she looks fab, well done

Tammy said...

WOW! She is stunning. The beads look incredible.

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful, Cathey! Thanks for the update. :o)

Faith Ann said...

Love the close-up!! I can't wait to see her in person!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and you are doing an amazing job with all that beading.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! She is sooooooo beautiful!!

patternnuts said...

oh my word, I had no idea there were so many beads! She looks so beautiful!

Irene said...

Before you know it she will be done, the beading looks great.

Sonda said...

She's so beautiful...I wish I COULD see her in person. I may have to stitch her myself someday...

Rowyn said...

Ooh, she's so beautiful!

mumzy said...

You are doing a beautiful job on your Stargazer. We are very proud of your work. Have a Great Day.

Jocelyn said...

Again, she is so beautiful! You do wonderful work, Cathey!

Ranae said...

She's sparkling in all her glory.
beautiful photo's of the flowers.

Lori said...

You said there were beads... you didn't say completely covered!! Looks splendid though. I'm certain it is much more spectacular in person.

Will you bring her to Fall retreat?
What have you decided on framing?

Daffycat said...

Oh dear, I guess I didn't realize just how many beads there were! You are making excellent progres; she looks lovely with all that bling!

Sue said...

She looks beautiful. I don't envy you having to do all that beading ;)