Friday, June 13, 2008

One Year Older

Yup, one year older. You know, my birthday didn't really bother me this year. Usually I fret over getting older as each year passes but not this time. Maybe it's because it's been a long time since I've felt as good as I do now :o)

As always, I was spoiled by many. Karen bought me a year's subscription to The Gift Of Stitching magazine :o) It's been a long time since there's been a half decent cross stitch magazine come out and this one's even better because it comes by email! LOL!

Faith Ann got really creative this year and put together a dinner in a bag. I'm sorry to say that I never took a picture of everything because DH and I started using it that night! She included such things as honey and soy sauce for an Asian Chicken recipe, Mandarin oranges, crunchy noodles and almonds along with a lip smacking Olde Cape Cod dressing (Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger Vinaigrette & Marinade) and a bag of maple candies :o) Since I did not get a picture of all of this, I did take this picture in honour of Faith Ann -

Photobucket

On Wednesday a parcel arrived from Jenn! Inside was this adorable Charming Tails mouse figurine called Hats Off To A Cure. It will add nicely to my pink ribbon collection -

Photobucket

Jenn, I will be sending you an email soon!

Yesterday I opened my gift from my in-laws. Inside the package was this cool device called a Chocolatiere Chocolate Jug along with a can of Double Chocolate Truffle hot chocolate mix -

Photobucket

Oh yum! I want it to get cold again so I can try some ;o) LOL!

I wasn't starved for stash this year ;o) Katie sent me a birthday package from Enchanted Fabrics! That included three pieces of 9 x 13 28 count opalescent Lugana in Sea Swirls, Cafe Mocha and Siren's Call, as well as the June Flip-It pattern by Lizzie Kate. Me thinks Katie believes I need a little more bling in my life :o)

Today the mailman arrived with some more stash, this time from Mom and Dad! Inside I found two patterns, Dear Diary Rebecca Small by LHN AND The Shores Of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings!!!! Woohoo! Just an added note, I have to say that My Kaboodle list has to be the best thing EVER invented! Now to save up for the silks ;o) Maybe with the money my Gram sent, I might be able to afford them....

Photobucket

I really want to thank everyone so much for the wonderful gifts, cards, e-cards and comments! You are the BEST!!!! I appreciate each and every one of you :o)

24 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Birthday Cathy. Nice gifts you received.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Hun!!!
What lovely gifts

Jenn said...

I'm gald my package arrived safely. It sounds like you had a wonderful day! *hugs*

Itching To Stitch said...

Happy Birthday!! You received some lovely gifts ;)

Faith Ann said...

Oh my goodness... look at the picture of food on Cathey's blog!! I'm so glad you're using everything :)

Wow... you got some lovely goodies. Love the stash goodies :)

Jocelyn said...

Wonderful gifts!

The happiest of birthdays, Cathey!

leechbabe said...

Happy Birthday :-)

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday :)

Lori-Ann said...

Birthday?!!
I'll make note for next year.
Happy belated Birthday.
Looks like you were treated well. :o)

Ranae said...

Happy Birthday!!
You truly have some cherished stitchy friends.
Nice gifts.
Visit me for a give away.

Karen said...

you had some lovely gifts hope your day was good

Jenn's Crafty World said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday; you got great stuff! Another year older is another year better :)

Chiloe said...

Happy birthday Tammy (I know I'm late !!!) I really like your blog and always read it with great pleasure ;)

I love your gifts !!! especially the charming tales: I have some myself and would like to go back to live in the US to get more on sale !!! lol

mumzy said...

Glad to see you had a good birthday even with your surgery. Looks like you received a pretty good stash - that should keep you busy for a while. Have a great week.
{{{Hugs}}}

Sharon said...

Happy belated Birthday! I am glad everything went well with the dentist. You have received some great stuff-I love the stash of course and the hot chocolate pot really seems yummy!

~Tammy said...

You scored some awesome presents!

Love the little mouse.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday. Glad that your surgery went well.

Rachel S said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Sharon said...

A very happy birthday to you, sounds like you got some lovely gifts and had a very nice day. Many many more. Hugs, Sharon

'Berta said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!!! Another year smarter!

Nancy said...

Boy, am I behind!!! Happy belated birthday, Cathey! I'm glad to read it was so good! :o)
Let's not talk mosquitoes ... ours aren't out too much yet ... ssshhhhhH!!!

Paisley said...

Oh dear! Sorry I missed this! Happy (Belated) Birthday, Cathey!!

stitcherw said...

Happy Belated Birthday, what a lot of lovely presents you got. I think my favorite was the the little mouse, it's adorable. I'm sure you'll love the Gift of Stitching. I've been getting it for a while now and it is such fun to look forward to each month.
Sue

Jennifer said...

A bit belated, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway! Hope you had a wonderful, fabulous, fantastic day!!!