Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finish Thirty-Two

No, this isn't my Halloween SAL but a little project I've had in my stash for awhile now and I really wanted to stitch it :o) This is Wipe That Pumpgrin Off Your Face by San Man Originals -

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you 'should' know by now, I am a pumpkin freak...hint, hint ;o) Since I rarely use glue to finish my projects, it took awhile for me to figure out how to go about making the project into a small wall hanging as instructed -

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don't usually work with Aida so pulling threads was not a fun task. I had enough fabric on either side to bring around the back and then I stitched them closed so you can't see the back of my stitching :o) I also did a blanket stitch through two layers of Aida just above the fringe as extra support. I used the threads that I pulled from the Aida so they blend in very well. I'm definitely happy with how it turned out.

I also brought out Noah's Crew for our trip down to the ocean on Sunday and I made a bit more progress on that. Now I have four out of the thirteen pieces completed. Here's what I have done so far (the rabbit was already done) -

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These pieces really don't take a lot of time. I should just finish the project but it's a good one for the car since the holes are big enough to see ;o)

My Halloween SAL is in the works and I'm doing well. I don't believe I have ever stitched on 32 count black Lugana before and boy...I'm not sure if I want to again! Oye! I'm a little disappointed with my readers though. No one has guessed my two favorite things yet. I just gave away one hint and I thought that was an obvious one! LOL!

13 comments:

Irene said...

Cute finish !! I think your 2 favorite things are Pumpkins and maybe Halloween ????

Sue said...

I love that finish!! It is so cute ;)

Kim said...

Oh that is soo adorable!! Love your giraffe!!

Umm, well pumpkins, and I know its not Aida..he he

~Kim~

Karen said...

they are cute

Leeland said...

Is there a pattern with your DH and Brie? BEcause, apart from bunnies and pumkins, I have no idea. The sea, may be? And cross stitch of course. And Noah's Ark seems to be a fav subject as well.
Lovely animals and the San Man is adorable: I love their cheery projects...
Love,
Lili

Faith Ann said...

Very cute!

Well, I thought everyone knew that your favourite thing was pumpkins so I didn't even bother to guess!

If your Halloween project involves two of your favourite things, I would guess it has:
1) PUMPKINS
2) bunny? or,
3) horse?

(or an Easter Cream egg!!!)

I just can't think of any Halloween patterns that have those items (other than the pumpkin). So I have no idea what your second thing is!

Lori said...

I know you love Cadbury Easter eggs, but not very Halloweeny ;) Chocolate?

You are a far better guesser than I.

Katie said...

hmmm...well there are no cadbury cream egg halloween patterns so that's out. I'm guessing it has something to do with a bunny and pumpkins.

Barb said...

Those are cute!

Jenn said...

Very cute finishes! I have to agree working on balck ins't fun but, the results look great.

Shannon said...

My initial guess would have been pumpkin & bunny or a pumpkin & horse. But in order to confirm these guesses I've tried to find a pattern with those in it... and I've failed so far. I have, however, managed to add nicely to my wishlist ! LOL

Great finish on the pumpkin :) And your animals are progressing quickly !

32ct black fabric takes a bit to get used to, but I love the effect of it. Using a white towel on your lap or under it to see better will help some people - for me, I block the white with my finger, so it's pointless :) Can't wait to see what you're stitching though !

Sharon said...

I dislike stitching on black too and I have tried to stitch with white under it, a light under it all sorts of ways to see it better but I still dislike it.

Hmmm I am guessing Pumpkins and candy corn. LOL

Love your new piece, it came out so nice and I going to work on something fallish today in honor of your finish. xoxoxox

stitcherw said...

Pumpgrin turned out adorable, and I love the way you finished it off, very cute.
Sue