Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Pickles Prevails

I want to thank everyone for all their good wishes. Pickles and I really appreciated it. It was nice to know that you were all thinking of us yesterday :o)

Again, Pickles was an angel. I dropped him off at 11 am and then occupied myself for a few hours while I waited for him to be released. When I finally got back (I got lost...twice), he was ready to go and the results were good :o) Dr. C had grinded away a number of sharp points on a right sided molar and there were no lesions on his tongue or cheeks. Pickles was a little groggy having just come out of sedation but he was happy to see his mom. Not so happy for the car ride home though. LOL!

Over the past 24 hours, we've been keeping really good tabs on him and I'd say the problem has been fixed! Being an older bunny, I think it's taking him extra time to 'bounce' back from the stress but he's been eating and drinking, pooping and peeing, and those are all good signs :o) He demands his carrot in the morning so the Old Man is back. LOL! Today I tortured him with a photo session. I hope you will enjoy -

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since I'm still waiting for that much needed GAST thread (I'm hoping it will be here before the weekend Nancy!), I figured I had to start something new ;o) Here's a picture...can you guess what it is?

Photobucket

Tonight, DH and I went to see a movie at the local 'theatre'. Remember, we're in a SMALL town ;o) DH wanted to get there early to make sure we got our seats but he didn't have to worry because we ended up being the first ones there. To top that off, there were no more than twenty people. When DH went to get the popcorn, I told him I'd go find us some seats and joked that he might not be able to find me. He didn't find that amusing. LOL!

On Wednesday nights, this theatre plays "not so mainstream" films and tonight it was One Week -

Photobucket

If you're not familiar with this movie, I highly recommend you find it and rent it. Ben (played by Joshua Jackson) is confronted with his mortality and instead of doing 'the right thing', he buys a vintage motorcycle and travels west across Canada. During this road trip, he meets some interesting people and situations that help him with his inner quest. The movie was filmed in Canada and shows some beautiful parts of our country. I guarantee this film will make you think.


20 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad to hear that Pickles in on the mend.

Love the picture of his tail. Very cute!

No idea what you could be stitching now. I'll look forward to the updates though.

Ruth said...

Glad to hear Pickles is in recovery mode now.

Clueless on the stitchign picture challenge.... but I'm eager to find out what it is. :)

Irene said...

Glad to hear Pickles is feeling better. Have no idea what you could be stitching. I've been wanting to see One Week.

Stitchabilities said...

Glad that pickles is sorted!!
Lovely pics, I still have the one you sent me, I have it in a plastic coaster.I use it everyday!
That actor looks familiar, can't think what I have seen him in!
Oh well!
Glad you had a great theatre night!

Anonymous said...

Good news about Pickles.

WendyCarole said...

I had missed your last post so hadn't heard about Pickles so glad t hear he is OK

Lori said...

Glad fuzzy Pickles is ok.

Did you get a new "Ranger" make-over? (avatar) ;o)

Rachel S-H said...

Pickles is adorable! The perfect Easter bunny.

Daffycat said...

I'm so glad to hear Pickles is doing well! I really love the photo of his bum!

Annie said...

Pickles is quite the looker, age notwithstanding. Glad he's feeling better.

mumzy said...

So happy to see Pickles back to normal. We just got back from Moncton and Gram did come back with us. So far so good.

I picked up a few skeins of floss for you (74 so far) - good deal.

I never heard of that movie. How new is it?

Will give you a call tomorrow.

{{{Love and Hugs to all of you}}}

Sharon said...

Glad to hear that Pickles is doing well. Your Just Nan finish is pretty! Congrats.

Karin said...

Glad to hear that Pickles is on the mend. Thanks for the movie recommendation.

stitcherw said...

Glad Pickles is doing so well, great pictures (especially his little tail). No idea on the new stitchy project, think we need a bit more of a hint. :)
Sue

Babs said...

I like the bunny stitch you made for easter. So sweet

Sonda said...

Nice to see cute pics of a well-recovering Pickles. I'll have to check out that movie...thanks for the recommendation!

Brigitte said...

Hmmm, no idea about what you are stitching. It's not enough to try a guess.
We also have this kind of movie theatre and I love it there. It's only crowded when there'a the latest James Bond or similar movies. Thanks for the movie tip but I doubt if it will make it to our cinemas.

Olga said...

Glad to hear that Pickles is back to normal, he looks great in the pictures!

Karen said...

glad to hear pickles is on the mend, lovely photos

Chiloe said...

I loved the joke about not being able to find you !!!lol Very good one !!!

Can't believe you tortured a recovering bunny ! :-o lol