Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Winner Of Round One

The good guys (me) – 1

The bad guys (LTD) – 0

THAT’S RIGHT!!!! IN YOUR FACE LTD! Good “can” actually prevail although I had many doubts along the way. The good news arrived yesterday morning from my lawyer :o) DH and I were still at the ocean and I just happened to check my email before we packed up to go. I tell you, dial up never took so long! LOL! The Long Term Dolts came back and approved my appeal until December 31, 2007 and then things will be re-evaluated at that time. I know that’s only six months from now but it’s better than nothing! I guess all those pennies thrown into the wishing well sure paid off ;o)

I can’t tell you how many times my hopes were shattered and how the thought of quitting seemed like such an easy way out. Deep down I am a strong person but this circus really tested those waters. I am extremely pleased with the result so far. My lawyer is wonderful and it was well worth the money that we spent. I’m not kidding myself though because we may be back in the same boat come next January but at least we won round one :o) I just wish I had that good news “before” the long weekend!

The weekend away was great and although we had showers, the weather was beautiful. Lili wanted to see a picture of Brie swimming so here it is –

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was one of her passes across the channel :o) We have one tired pup now and it was all I could do to get her up this morning before I left for work. It wasn’t all exercise for the princess though. This was her choice of travel when she was too tired to keep up with Duncan –

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to say that I love those golf carts too! What fun little vehicles to drive. I guess that will have to placate me since I doubt I will ever get to drive a US Mail truck, seeing that it’s a federal offence and all to steel one ;o)

6 comments:

Sue said...

I'm not sure what your legal problems have been, but I'm glad you seem to have a reprieve until at least January ;)

Lori said...

So glad you got good news from the lawyer (for now).

Does Brie have difficulty swimming? Doesn't look like it in the picture. Frank has a hard time to stay afloat because of his mass. We put him in a pool when he was a year old. Float or sink game. He hates water.

Jenn said...

Congratulations again on the good news from your lawyer. Brie looks so cute on the golf cart. Very happy and she's a cute swimmer... you can just about see her.

Kim said...

Hi Cathey! So glad to hear of the news! I hope it continues.. fingers crossed.

So glad that you received the news while on vacation.. something more to celebrate!

~Kim~

Leeland said...

Yup, that's wonderful news!
And Brie's a cutie...
I've been told that those golf carts are definitely fun!
Take care!
Lili

Alberta said...

Pumpkin, I'm so happy you finally got some good news. Enjoy that vacation!