Saturday, July 21, 2007

Finish Twenty-Eight

Dum da-da dum! This is Briar Rabbit by La-D-Da -

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really like this pattern but I'm a little disappointed with the color of the letters. They don't seem to stand out like they should. I didn't use the Needlepoint Silks that the pattern called for but opted for the DMC threads that were suggested. Maybe when it's framed, it will look better. I do love the fabric though and I used the same color, 18th Century Rook by R&R Reproductions, but I stitched the pattern on 30 count instead of the 35 count that was used. I can tell you one thing, the picture of the pattern on the leaflet does not do this pattern justice!

It looks like a very HOT and HUMID week ahead of us and this does not thrill me in the least :o( The humidity is hard on my body and the pain really hits the roof during these times. My hands and feet have really suffered this summer. It's almost like someone took a sledgehammer and broke all the bones in my fingers and toes. Not much fun. And most of us know that when I can't stitch, I get grumpy ;o)

Because of the icky weather coming up, I'm not sure if I will tackle the next block on my afghan or not. I did pull out a small project for this weekend but we'll see how I feel after that. We've been doing really well at keeping the house somewhat comfortable. No A/C here :o(

DH and I had a hard night last night and both of us are running on little sleep. We were both up around 5 am and as soon as we started talking, a certain someone (Brie) came tip toeing down the hallway and into our bedroom :o) DH picked her up and put her in bed with us. She spooned with me for a while, her head using my arm as her pillow, until I finally gave up and got up. She remained in bed until DH got up. Brie is a funny little dog! She is definitely a great source of heat in the winter but boy; she's not one you want to cuddle with when it's 30 C outside! LOL!

10 comments:

Faith Ann said...

As usual, you're finding fault with something you've stitched lol. However, I think it looks great...

I really like how the letters are more subtle!

Anonymous said...

Cathey, it's gorgeous! It looks much better than the pics I've seen online. I like the tone-on-tone look of the alphabet.

Irene said...

It looks great !! Maybe once you have it framed you'll feel better about it.

Cindy said...

Very nice finish!!

Lori said...

Photographs never seem to capture what the eye alone does. It comes close, but always leaves something out. It's very pretty and I'm sure once framed it will be beautiful.

I pick apart my work...it's something that most artists have in common I think ;)

Can also relate to the pain thing and little sleep, oye!

Sue said...

Nice job on your finish ;)

Jenn said...

Very cute finish Cathey!

Karen said...

Briar Rabbit is lovely both our hounds like the bed , sometimes I would prefer they liked their own beds better

Shannon said...

Wowsers, do I ever like that design ! Congratulations :) Yours is better looking than the model I'd say :)

Mary Ann said...

Lovely finish, Cathey!!