Sunday, January 13, 2008

She Rises Again!

For three days, she lay untouched so it was a joy to pick up Stargazer again :o) This is my progress to date -

Photobucket

I wish I was further along but I'm glad I didn't touch her when I wasn't in the mood to. That's when I find that I'm apt to make mistakes and the love affair quickly ends. To answer Faith Ann's question about the fabric, there are 'very' slight differences in shade. If you know what Bluebell looks like, I consider that a harsh variation but with Blue Clouds, it's very soft and delicate. That's the look I wanted for her though because she looks so serene and at peace.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same for myself :o( Last week was not a good one and I really appreciate all the suggestions that you gave me for keeping myself busy when DH is not around :o) Usually, I don't have a problem. I've been by myself many times before and I tend to get more things done when DH is gone. LOL! I still don't feel 100% myself but its coming. I think it may be time for some laughter therapy ;o)

I am proud to say that my weight loss has brought me down even further. I went out with my parents on Thursday to exchange the pair of pants they got me for Christmas and I wound up with a size 8 :o) WOOHOO! Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to brag but after ten years of looking in a mirror at someone that 'looks' like me, it feels so great to see my original self again! I'm happy with this size but it seems that the weight is still coming off. My doctor has been keeping track so we'll see what he says in another week and a half. All I can say is, this better be the end of it because I can't afford to buy another size of clothing! LOL!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Stargazer is beautiful! I love the fabric you chose for her.

I have her to stitch too. I bought her at the end of last year and she was meant to be my New Years start, but I haven't managed a stitch since November.

Lelia said...

Beautifully stitched. I look forward to seeing more progress : )

Enjoy the day - stitch well!!

Alberta said...

Cathey, Glad to hear that many facets of your life are falling into place! Stargazer does look serene...what a beautiful project.

Sue said...

Oh, Stargazer is sooooo pretty. She is very serene looking and the fabric is a great match ;)

Tammy said...

Stargazer is stunning so far.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.

Big hugs

Faith Ann said...

Stargazer is looking gorgeous on that fabric... perfect choice!

stitcherw said...

She looks beautiful, you've made great progress. I find when I try to make myself stitch on something that is when I make mistakes (or should I say more mistakes) too. Much better to take a break and come back later.

Congratulations on losing some more weight. It's amazing all the things losing a bit of weight can help on. For me my doctor says if I'd lose a bit it would help my cholestrol and help decrease the aching I get in my knees. Good luck with continuing to find things to do on your own, it does take adjusting too. Glad to hear some of the earlier ideas helped.
Sue

Paisley said...

She's looking lovely! Can't wait to see more!

Jennifer said...

Good for you on the weightloss!!! It's a hard thing to do, and a size 8 is quite the accomplishment! Enjoy it.

Yuko said...

Hi Cathey! Thank you so much for leaving me warm comments often, finally I could have proper connect to be online, so from today I can leave comments to my friends!!!

By the way, this is absolutely beautiful stitching!
She seems so beautiful, and I love your 2007 stitchings, mittens are so lovely!

Karen said...

stargazer looks stunning

Lori said...

Beutiful start to star gazer, Cathey!

Hope you will cope better and better as each day passes.

I don't comment on weight loss, as it points toward myself too much ;) Glad you are happy. :)

Ranae said...

WOW! Stargazer is looking awesome.
I cant wait to see more!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Stitching,
you could always lose my weight for me as well,:0)

Marita said...

Stargazer is looking amazing.

Congrats on the weightloss, hope you can stop before you need to buy new clothing. Unless you want to loose more and get new clothes. :grin:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Cathey,

I love your finish on Chilly's Gift. The colours are so beautiful and your stitches are so neat. And what a great way to raise money for a good cause.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better after such a tough week. Do you think the time of year (lack of sunshine etc) might have something to do with it too? Many people find winter hard to get through because they don't get enough of whatever benefits the sun provides us with during other times of the year.

Stargazer continues to be a beautiful addition to your stitching roster and she does look wonderful on the fabric that you chose to stitch her on.

You have every right to be proud of, as well as pleased by, the weight you've lost. It's good for your physical health, but also for your emotional well being. Must be all those peanut butter and jam sandwiches while your DH is away.

Are you going to get any of that snow storm that's raging it's way up the eastern seaboard and dumping snow everywhere?? We've had a bit of snow in the last 24 hours, but nothing like what we'd had before the thaw.

Take care Cathey. Cheers.

Jocelyn said...

Your Stargazer is coming out beautifully!!

I'm sorry you were so lonely, but I am glad to hear your husband has returned.

Congratulations on your weight loss. A size 8! WOW!! Good for you! I am happy dancing for you here in NY!!

BeckySC said...

WOW!! She is looking absolutely stunning!!

Sending you BIG hugs :)

Laura said...

Stargazer is looking great! And congratulations on the weight loss.