Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Count Down Is On

In approximately twelve hours, the girls and I should be nearing Maine for our girly weekend :o) WOOHOO! We've all got our lists of stores and restaurants that we want to go to. Faith Ann has hooked us up with numerous coupons. I've never felt so organized for a shopping trip before. LOL! Little do the girls know, but I have a little surprise for them ;o)

Well, I don't know what is worse, the high gas prices or the high water levels :oS Gas has topped at $1.229 a litre and it's about ten cents higher in Nova Scotia! The water levels rose again today but they say things are supposed to stabilize. I'm thinking that maybe the gas situation is worse :o(

On my way in town today, I stopped and took a few pictures from just down the road. This 'lake' is normally a field -

Photobucket

The bottom of this road is completely blocked off -

Photobucket

Even though we can see the water from our place right now, we are far enough away that flooding won't be a problem for us. Our road is safe as well. So far, there are approximately four roads that are closed so really, that's pretty good. So as long as nothing drastic happens, like 72 hours of straight rain, hopefully the waters will start to recede.

I'll close for now and say good-bye until next week. I know by the time I get back, I'll be VERY behind with my Blog reading so please bear with me. I may not comment for about a week but believe me, I will be reading all your news :o)

11 comments:

Irene said...

Have a great weekend !!

Karen said...

hope you had a great time

Iris said...

Have a nice trip !!!!

Chiloe said...

Have fun !!! Take thousand of pictures for us ! Drive safely ;-)

Tammy said...

Oh, your weekend sounds like a little slice of heaven.

Drive safe, my dear.

Lori said...

Have fun tastle-girl! Now I'm wondering what mischeif you have in mind for you all. ;o)

Alberta said...

I do hope the water issue won't interfere with your weekend fun! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Rachel S-H said...

Wow.


I hope you have fun on your trip. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and stay safe.

Leeland said...

Oh my! The water is high!!! I had to laugh at your description of the property for sale...
Your stargazer is such a wonder already! I am more than impressed, Cathey!
I hope you had a great week end and that you're back with a lot to do (stitching wise, of course... Lol!).
Big huge hugs,
Lili

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathey!!

Hope you had a great trip to Maine!

Wish I was on a road trip too!

I jsut finished up another Halloween chart you would like - A Passione Ricammo freebie - check it out at cyberstitchers.com in my gallery!

I'm currently stitching projects 30 and 31 for 2008.

Kim H.