Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Surrender!!!!

Okay, they finally talked me into it! I've been reading Katie and Faith Ann's Blogs for awhile now and after many harrassing emails, I have decided to join the ranks ;o) This is my first ever Blog so please be nice.

I named my Blog Pumpkin Patch & Co. for a couple of reasons. One, my nickname is Pumpkin and it has been that way for over 11 years now. Yes, over the years I may have 'grown' into that shape but I was given this nickname by my DH out of affection and a way to cut down on the confusion with two Cathys in the family :o) The other reason I went with this name is that I will not only write about myself but I will write about my DH and our other family members as well.

Our family consists of three other members. Dill Pickles, or just Pickles for short, is my bunny that I adopted from the SPCA back in March of 1999. He is now 8 years old and just as ornery and grumpy as the first day I brought him home :o) He's spoiled rotten and knows it. We can't open the refridgerator without him expecting a carrot. If he can see the bottom of his food dish, he tips it over and starts chewing away at the bars of his cage, patiently wearing us down until we get up and fill it back up for him. About a week ago I went to feed him and found that the bottom of his cage was full of water. Upon further inspection, I found that he had chewed a small hole through the water bottle that DH had put on the side of his cage! Silly rabbit!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Duncan is one of our two dogs and he's an Australian Cattle Dog. He's 9 years old and sadly, starting to show his age. We adopted him when he was two year's old. He was formerly a show dog and was ranked either first or second in Canada. I would never recommend a show dog as a pet. Poor Duncan had no idea what stairs were when we got him :o( Cattle Dogs are a unique breed with a unique personality. We refer to Duncan as our 'slow' child but we love him just the same :o) Today I heard a commotion out in the garage and when I opened the door, Duncan came trotting around the car with DH's boot in his mouth! We think he's got a serious shoe fetish as this has not been his first time caught in the act....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last, but not least, is Brie (as in the cheese). Brie is our two and a half year old miniature Dashchund, only weighing in at 10 pounds, but her personality makes up the rest! This is one lovin' puppy who can't get enough attention. What Duncan lacks in intelligence, Brie definitely makes up for. I swear she has the vocabulary of a human four year old! It's amazing what she learns and what she knows. DH and I have had to start spelling words, LOL! Duncan loves his little sister and they get along great. She loves to taunt him and when he's had enough, he just slaps his paw over her and pins her down :o) The badness level is strong in this one.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So this is what I have managed to put together today. Not a bad start after a few choice words! I'm getting the hang of it though ;o)

6 comments:

Faith Ann said...

Yay!! I'm so excited that you're going to blog!

I'll add you to my blogroll as soon as I get a chance :)

Katie said...

Hooray!!! You're blogging!! You're all added to my blogroll ;)

Shannon said...

Hi Cathey ! Great to meet you :) I'm told you have faaaabulous taste in stitching ! (much like Faith Ann and Katie lol). Can't wait to hear what you're working on.

And your family sounds adorable :)

Faith Ann said...

It looks great!! I *love* that picture of Brie... soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! You've done it!!! Very well done, Cathey! Can't wait to see more ....

Shannon said...

Look at the pictures ! Adorable :)