Thursday, September 28, 2006

Do You Believe In Resolutions?

Since this Blog is partly about me and my hobbies, I guess I had better touch on my cross stitching then! I would love to rant and scream about my nightmare with LTD (Long Term Disability) but I don't think my readers would find that as interesting ;o)

This was the first year that I planned my stitching. Usually, I will stitch whatever I fancy but I thought I would try something different. One of my New Year's resolutions was to keep a daily journal. I had been reading my grandfather's own journals from the 1960s and 70s and it really inspired me to try my own. I got as far as March and then the journal got forgotten. My Dad ended up in the hospital and that took all the energy I had just to worry about him and my Mom :o( Anyway, when I first started the journal, I also started my 2006 Stitching Goal List and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with my dedication there. I was lead astray, MANY TIMES (and you know who you are!), but I kept going back to that list and here's what I accomplished so far -

  • The Quiltmaker by Lavender & Lace (this is the second time I stitched this piece) - DONE!
  • Angel Of Grace by Lavender & Lace (for me) - DONE!
  • Blossom Harvest by Mirablia (for me)
  • Winter Snapperland by Bent Creek (for me) - DONE!
  • Spring Medley by Heart In Hand (for me) - DONE!
  • Autumn Medley by Heart In Hand (for me)
  • I Love Flowers by Jeremiah Junction (gift) - WIP
  • Grandma by Jeremiah Junction (gift)
  • I Love Quilting by Hob Nobb Designs (gift) - DONE!
  • I Love Cross Stitching by Hob Nobb Designs (for me)
  • Giggles In The Snow (girl) by Mirabilia (for me) - WIP
So, all in all, I think a list works out fairly well. Will I do it again for 2007? I'm not sure. Ask me again in a few months ;o)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Cathey! Welcome to the blogging world! Cant wait to see your blog grow!

~Kim~

Katie said...

Wow, that's quite the impressive stitching list...and that's without including Katie's Eggs!! ;)

Shannon said...

Oh my - that's an impressive stitching list AND look at everything you've done this year ! I am in awe ! :)