Saturday, February 16, 2013

In The Beginning...

She looked like this -

 photo RosesOfProvenceProgress1.jpg

This is my start to Roses Of Provence by Mirabilia :o) Not a lot done yet but more than I expected! I think it's been about a month now since I started her. I'm averaging about an hour a night with her so the going is slow but I'm REALLY enjoying her. I love watching her take shape right before my eyes. Once her skin is complete, I'll move on to her hair. I can't wait to start on her dress!

Again, I have three amazing ladies to thank. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't be stitching ROP at the moment. It all started with Carolyn who sent me the pattern and bead package :o) My eyes popped when I saw all those beautiful beads! I wonder how all that beading is going to get done with a toddler in the house. LOL!

Next it was Gabi who bought me the fabric :o) I stayed with the recommended fabric and I'm happy I did. It does remind me of white chocolate but it won't take away from ROP's beauty in the end.

Last, but certainly not least, was Melanie who sent me ALL the DMC required along with the spool of Kreinik :o) There is just something about seeing all those skeins of floss together that gets my heart racing and my mouth drooling! LOL!

Thank you ladies! Your generosity has touched my heart and I hope you'll enjoy watching ROP come to life as much as I will. Please know that I will always remember your gifts and it will be a fun story to tell people when they see her hanging up on my wall :o)

There is one more person I would like to thank as well; although I don't know who I'm thanking. I had a certain Secret Santa send me a $20 gift certificate to Down Sunshine Lane around the same time. I just got around to making a purchase and I'm looking forward to getting my order. I wish I knew who you were so I could thank you in writing but I hope this will do...thank you :o)

 

22 comments:

Unknown said...

'Morning!! She's beautiful!!! Stitchers are incredible people, aren't they!!

Take care...have a great weekend...

Marion

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am happy you were blessed with this and that you are enjoying the stitching!

VegasJilly said...

I love this chart! I ordered it as soon as it was released along with the beads and fabric. Idk when ill get to it myself with a newborn!

Annie said...

She loks gorgeous already. You have some wonderful stitchy friends!

Catherine said...

You have many angels watching over you. Looking forward to seeing your progress with her!

Linda said...

Great progress Cathey. Your stitching is awesome.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh how wonderful and thoughtful! Makes me smile as I type this. Have fun, fun, fun with it. =)

Julie said...

A wonderful new start, stitching friends are so generous.

Christina said...

She is one beautiful lady. I look forward to seeing her progress, I bet the colours are beautiful. Don't worry about the beads, I'm sure Isaac has ingested several beads over the last few months and it's never done him any ham! Lol! X

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Sounds like a great group project where you get the stitching part. Pretty so far. CJ in OK

Annette said...

got a error with my comment..
Then again!!

What a beautifull piece you are stitching.
I admire you so much, that with all you get the mojo to stitch.. and then such a big piece!!
How is your HR LK, you finished it togheter with Nia?
Love to see it!!

What a sweet friends do you have!! So sweet you got al that..
And how great your secret Santa!!
Can't wait to see what you bought!!

Good luck and have fun!!
Big kiss for junior!!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful friends! You made a great start on this new project, she already looks very promising. Have fun stitching her.

♥ Nia said...

Friendship :D how wonderful to have such kind friends around you =)
She looks very pretty already :) great start sweetie!! :D
hugs&smiles

Christina said...

Nice progress on her. It is always heartwarming to know that there is still kindness and love in this crazy world we live in.

Valma said...

amazing friends we make via the blogosphere =D
So great , a wonderful gift you received (3 in fact =D) and I'm sure the fact you're enjoying this stitching feels 3 hearts with smile and love
So great
a good start you made
happy stitching sweetie, can't wait to see her dress =)
big hugs
xxx

Anonymous said...

She is looking beautiful. Your making great strides. I can't wait to see more.

I love how others helped with the purchase of the other items and the person who sent you the gift certificate! So Sweet of them!

Hugs!

Anne said...

She's stunning so far dear! It's wonderful to have such lovely friends sending their kindness and love to you :D

Sharon said...

How wonderfully delightful of them-stitcher's just a great bunch of people. Your start looks good and I am going to enjoy watching her grow. Hope your doing well! I am thinking of you!

valerie said...

Great start Cathey! She's looking great! An hour a day is better than none at all!

Carol said...

What an amazing thing for Carolyn, Gabi, and Melanie to do for you, Cathey!! I know you'll think of them and the kindness of those fellow stitchers with each and every minute you work on this piece :)

Marie said...

Roses Of Provence is a beautiful pattern, I look forward to seeing your progress. With such an adorable little one I am sure that finding stitching time is challenging.

Such wonderful friends to gift you with this!

Lynn said...

Wonderful progress! She's going to be a beauty, I can tell. She will always remind you of your dear, stitching buddies too.